+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Best new harness available today and window net, too

Liked
    553 times

Window net, just find something that works with the mounts you have so you don't have to refabricate everything.

These nets would probably work for a Vikings "hardware"

window-net.jpg
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    I have Schroths in my car, and I really like them, but I used a set of Safecrafts in an MX-5 Cup car and I really liked them, too. The buckles seemed to slide easier yet maintain hold longer, like I didn't need to cinch them up as often as other belts I've used. In fact, I think I liked them better, or at least enough to consider them for my my next set, which isn't too far off.

If you can find a car with Safecrafts, try them out.

For a window net, I prefer the mesh to the ribbon for visibility purposes. I've never had a ribbon net, but I never wanted one because the driver's head is close to that net and those ribbons are, what, between one-half and one inch thick? That seemed like it would hamper outward visibility or create a distraction, especially if it's a color other than black.

And as we all know from studying theory, distraction disrupts the dominant cognitive response. That's not what you want while racing.
    FYI- The Safecraft and the new Racetech GT belts are the same.
    Thanks,

Chad
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype #02 (Chassis #20)
    1969 911ST vintage racer
    1972 911T Numbers Matching under restoration in my garage

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by craZee View Post
    Window net, just find something that works with the mounts you have so you don't have to refabricate everything.

These nets would probably work for a Vikings "hardware"

Attachment 10653
    Do those come in Nomex so I can wear them under my new Sparco suit?
    craZee and bawareca like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    553 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Do those come in Nomex so I can wear them under my new Sparco suit?
    They might. They have HANs anchors on them!
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    765 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Great info. Thanks!

Maybe one of our site sponsors like Winding Road can update me on the availability of the new Schroth Enduro?
    Winding Road isn't a Trackhq.com sponsor. I'm sure Brenda would approve them though as a sponsor if they would like.
    Olitho likes this.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    Winding Road isn't a Trackhq.com sponsor. I'm sure Brenda would approve them though as a sponsor if they would like.
    I thought Berta approved new vendors?
    Red_5 likes this.

Liked
    38 times

Can anyone compare experiences with Racequip versus the more Pricey Schroth offerings?

This seems like a pretty good deal:
    SFI CAMLOCK 6PT PU LAP HNR BELTS BLACK | RaceQuip
    or
    Camlock Harness Sets, FIA CAMLOCK | RaceQuip

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by schrotacular View Post
    Can anyone compare experiences with Racequip versus the more Pricey Schroth offerings?

This seems like a pretty good deal:
    SFI CAMLOCK 6PT PU LAP HNR BELTS BLACK | RaceQuip
    or
    Camlock Harness Sets, FIA CAMLOCK | RaceQuip
    Those look like they use similar belt material and adjusters to the g force belts I've used. Generally the G-Force belts don't stay tight as well, nor do they adjust as smoothly.

The schroths stay tighter, especially with a 2" lap, and adjust pretty darn nicely. However they will be a little stiff at first if they stay at the same length for months at a time.

The schroths are worth it just for the 2" lap if you can run them for more than 2 years.

Under crappy 2 year replacement sanctioning bodies, I opt for cheaper belts.
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Those look like they use similar belt material and adjusters to the g force belts I've used. Generally the G-Force belts don't stay tight as well, nor do they adjust as smoothly.

The schroths stay tighter, especially with a 2" lap, and adjust pretty darn nicely. However they will be a little stiff at first if they stay at the same length for months at a time.

The schroths are worth it just for the 2" lap if you can run them for more than 2 years.

Under crappy 2 year replacement sanctioning bodies, I opt for cheaper belts.
    I cannot say it much better than The Burg. The Schroth's are FIA approved so they should be legal for five years. My last set was.

The lower cost 3" belts and adjusters are often very stiff belts and harder to adjust. Tightening is not so much the problem as is loosening to get out of or back in the car. I always loosen the belts while still seated before releasing them. It makes getting back in so much faster and easier.

The two inch belts are generally more comfortable and if you believe Schroth's claims, they are safer around the pelvic bone.

With that said, I have extensive use of 3" belts and they are very suitable for the job. Higher cost belts come with greater comfort, speed of use and ease of use... and five years if FIA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2