+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: best car you ever owned

Liked
    2242 times

Best truck:
    The one I have now, half-ton 2005 GMC Sierra crew.

Best car:
    My first Miata, first a street car, then a racer. Withstood monumental abuse after an already full life.

Liked
    0 times

s2000...

Liked
    981 times

S2000 sounds like a popular car. But what would you rather have, an S2000 or C6Z price not withstanding? What about C5Z? I can see the appeal of the small 2 seater with an open roof and nice manual shifter.

I guess my favorite car was my 1991 Eagle Talon turbo awd with manual shifter. Maybe because it was my first new car after college, but I remember enjoying getting in it and driving it every time over about 6-7 years of ownership. My favorite vehicle based on memories has to be my 1981 toyota 4x4 just because it took me from high school through college.
    Last edited by redtopz; 08-21-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    S2000 sounds like a popular car. But what would you rather have, an S2000 or C6Z price not withstanding? What about C5Z? I can see the appeal of the small 2 seater with an open roof and nice manual shifter.

I guess my favorite car was my 1991 Eagle Talon turbo awd with manual shifter. Maybe because it was my first new car after college, but I remember enjoying getting in it and driving it every time over about 6-7 years of ownership. My favorite vehicle based on memories has to be my 1981 toyota 4x4 just because it took me from high school through college.
    In my original post. I warned against basing this on memory. You might of popped your cherry in a Pinto, thus considering it the best car (although that Eagle is a great car back then).

As for s2000 and c6. C6 is a faster car, but I would take a s2000 over c6 any day as a "better" car. C6 might turn a better number, s2000 is more of a pure sports car.
    Richard EVO, Dino Antonov and JJ1 like this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    366 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post

S2000 for the experience/feel. It's just that good of a drivers car. The earlier models are the most charming, by far. I fell in love with the earlier model AP1 and updated to the newer model. I can't say the new model won me over, it got that from the original. The newer model isn't quite the same but it's not terribly far off. I guess its the price you pay for better suspension geometry/comfort.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    35 times

My favorite car owned is the first car I purchased; a 1988 VW Jetta GLI. Over the past 12 it’s been a reliable workhorse that’s still daily driven. Sure it’s just a FWD sedan but it’s quick and always puts a smile on my face. I’ve never tracked the car and don’t think I ever will...

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2395 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Asking about the overall ownership experience.
    Best car I have owned: 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, quad cab short bed. 135k now. A/C compressor died a few months back, alternator died at T25 in December. That's about it as far as stuff that's broken. Been bullet proof otherwise. Probably a third of it's mileage has been towing.

The other car I miss is the faded red 91 Miata I drove from about '07-09. 1.6L stock longblock, I/H/E and ECU. Probably made 115whp. Tein Flex, 15x9's and old 225/45 NT01's. No top, stock interior. 6 spd x 4.3 Torsen and light flywheel. That car was a blast to drive.
    robburgoon likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    31 times

My VF supercharged NB2. Picked it up for a steal and it's a blast to drive with the 6 spd and 4.3 torsen. Once the Xidas show up from Emilio (cough cough), I suspect it'll be hard to beat for quite a while.

Liked
    143 times

87 Toyota MR2. Owned it when I was in college. It was abused tremendously everyday. At 280,000 miles it was still running strong when I donated it to the salvation army.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    60 times

S2000

The only car I've ever wanted to own two of (one for track, one for street).

Although I have a soft spot in my heart for my old 91 MR2 Turbo... ttops and boost
    tlee1234 likes this.
    Follow my racing: https://www.youtube.com/ryandhouck
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race bike)
    2014 Triumph Street Triple R (street bike)
    2009 Honda S2000
    2008 BMW M3 (sold)

Liked
    35 times

81 IHC Scout II Turbo Diesel
    Was in the family from 81-2011. 400,000+ miles Sold it since we could no longer get parts for it.

Liked
    4 times

S2000 hands down since it's the only car I bought twice, either AP1 or AP2 but I like the combo of AP1 chassis with AP2 engine (AP1 gearing).

I have a soft spot for '93 Renault Clio RSi sport that I shared in College with my roomates before we put it in a ditch
    http://www.delest.nl/cb-img/543/Rena...8-16v-1993.jpg

My Lancia HF was one of the few cars that would go "faster" than my eyes during rally recons. Had to have a co-pilot...
    Last edited by Ben22; 08-21-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Liked
    29 times

AP1 S2000 & NA Miata

Not sure which was the overall best car as they both were great in their own way.

Liked
    58 times

Why don't you share with everyone the last repair bill amount just few days before you sold the car.
    Haha. Exactly why I sold it. My warranty ran out. The whole car wasn't worth what a motor repair would have cost. As a matter off act, it wasn't worth what a newest of those air bagged, remote adjustable shocks would have cost.

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Ryan -

Do you think the S2000 A/C doesn't blow cold on the way to Chuckwalla?
    At a buck fitty, with the hamsters running at 9000 rpm, the wind and road noise, and the top about to be sucked up and dropped on the wicked witch, you can tell if the a/c is on?
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    704 times

I have very fond memories of my '80 Scirocco which was my first car. I bought it in 1988 and it was already a rust bucket.

Then my '91 CRX Si came along and was a great car. First new car and I still think about one of those but if I were to buy an older fwd car, it would be a Scirocco.

I think my '99 Miata wins. I really had a hard time taking it off the street and am still hoping to get another street Miata. I know it's not a terribly interesting car but I miss driving it on the street.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    1 times

My favorite car on the track has been my rotrex powered Miata, previously turbo charged, William sold me on getting it Rotrex'd a few years ago and it's been awesome ever since, having said that I've taken it too far to be a great street car, stripped, caged, etc. Cost of consumables is still extremely low, it's fast, the engine feels great, the shifting feel is perfect.

The best I've ever owned, (which is a lot!) is the BMW e46m3 with SMG. I've simultaneously owned an e46 manual and e36m3 manual and I don't like the shifting action in the BMW's.

Also high on the list is my c5z, but I didn't like it as a street car after some track prep, and again, don't like the shifter action.

I've owned a few s2000's, the engine and shifting were so sweet, I loved them as street cars, they were fast, and put down great lap times, but just couldn't connect with them on the track.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    At a buck fitty, with the hamsters running at 9000 rpm, the wind and road noise, and the top about to be sucked up and dropped on the wicked witch, you can tell if the a/c is on?
    Why would you do 150 mph on Interstate 10?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    434 times

As for s2000 and c6. C6 is a faster car, but I would take a s2000 over c6 any day as a "better" car. C6 might turn a better number, s2000 is more of a pure sports car.
    I hope your dyslexia took over on this statement. The C6 is far and above the S2000 in every way.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150
    #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
    Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
    PA Construction
    American Heritage Performance

Liked
    2242 times

Oh boy.

+ Reply to Thread