+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: best car you ever owned

Liked
    2282 times

Default best car you ever owned

Not limited to track cars.
    And be careful that you are not listing car that you had best memory in: I owned an 82 RX7 in the 80s, loved it. Miss it a lot, been searching for one forever. Last year. A pristine RX7 (GSL-SE, even better) showed up. I was drooling, beg the guy to let me drive on the autocross. POS it turned out, memory is over rated.

It also needs to be a good car to own and maintain. No 70s Italian or English cars regardless how good it drives. Asking about the overall ownership experience.

I will start
    99 Boxster - I can hold it in a slide forever.
    Tesla S - comfortable, not much to break, TORQUE, handles (weird feeling with all those batteries down low)
    S2000 - official Trackhq track car. Answers to all questions
    Rotrex Powered Miata - rev like an i6. Smooth power delivery.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1477 times

William -

"Best car you ever owned" is ONE car. You listed three. Pick the best one.

I'll help you. As much as I love my NSX, the best car I ever owned was my '03 Honda S2000.
    bawareca likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Working
    Liked
    29 times

For me its easy, S2000.

Liked
    366 times

S2000
    Do you understand?

JJ1
    Liked
    177 times

S2000. If mine blew up into pieces tomorrow, I'd say I got more than my moneys worth.
    BEbengali likes this.

Liked
    11 times

For the track: s2000

Liked
    58 times

Cruising to Chuckwalla. A/C on. Interior quiet enough to have a conversation with my Bose at slight volume. Leather seats massaging, and blowing cold air on my ass. Still had plenty of HP left incase I needed to pass any S2000s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    bawareca, rhouck and Ham like this.

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Cruising to Chuckwalla. A/C on. Interior quiet enough to have a conversation with my Bose at slight volume. Leather seats massaging, and blowing cold air on my ass. Still had plenty of HP left incase I needed to pass any S2000s.
    As per Top Gear you should modify the 1 at the front of the speedometer so you can stay legal at all times.

On topic-the best car I've ever own (or driven) must be a BMW,cant exactly judge which one it is Seriously,I am not a boy fan,especially because the propeller(which it not) means some status.I have driven almost every modern car from 80s to present days in Europe and most of the cars here in the US.As a fan of a 5 series,I can jump in 1977 or 2010 model and feel like home after just a few seconds to adjust my seat and controls.Seriously,sometime I think I am just blinded and I am trying to find some car that is better overall package,but I can only find cars that do some of the things better,but seriously lack in other departments.

Liked
    1477 times

Ryan -

You don't even bother to tell us what car that is. Can't be that important. Do you think the S2000 A/C doesn't blow cold on the way to Chuckwalla?

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Working
    Liked
    29 times

E55?

Quote Originally Posted by richard evo View Post
    ryan -

you don't even bother to tell us what car that is. Can't be that important. Do you think the s2000 a/c doesn't blow cold on the way to chuckwalla?

Liked
    2282 times

Why don't you share with everyone the last repair bill amount just few days before you sold the car.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2282 times

Just for you. What's the best BMW. I want to know. I had 2 BMW (z3 and z4). Loved the inline 6, but nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    On topic-the best car I've ever own (or driven) must be a BMW,cant exactly judge which one it is Seriously,I am not a boy fan,especially because the propeller(which it not) means some status.I have driven almost every modern car from 80s to present days in Europe and most of the cars here in the US.As a fan of a 5 series,I can jump in 1977 or 2010 model and feel like home after just a few seconds to adjust my seat and controls.Seriously,sometime I think I am just blinded and I am trying to find some car that is better overall package,but I can only find cars that do some of the things better,but seriously lack in other departments.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1477 times

C'mon, William - which is the ONE best car you ever owned?

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Just for you. What's the best BMW. I want to know. I had 2 BMW (z3 and z4). Loved the inline 6, but nothing else.
    As I said,for me it is the 5 series.Starting with my first one that was piece of crap 1977 528i that i bought in 1994,but there are just few cars that would have been faster in a straight line or in the corners.If I have to choose it will be very hard to choose between my 2000 528it wagon and 2006 530xit wagon.It will take you at least Z06 and a few months in jail to get faster than me from point A to point B,rides comfortably and corners great.The transmissions literally read my mind(or i predict their reactions,but it doesnt change the fact that the car feels just as extension to my body and senses).I still get 20 mpg in the 528i and 18 mpg mixed in the 530i (5000 lbs pig) and i can go pick up an engine from the junkyard-the forklift just loads it in the trunk(or cargo area).I feel safe enough in this car to make things that make me blush when i later think of it.They are rated towing up to 4000 lbs all around the world,so if it is not the liability here i can even tow my race car with it,and have more room for junk that the X5.And then again all this is worth nothing if I am not "connected" with the car,but it feels to me like i put it together specially for me(eh,i was drunk on a few of the details,but it happens all the time).

So,as per the title,I will say my 528i wagon must be the best one I owned.If I have to keep just one car this will be the one.
    Oh wait,may be it is the Z3..........
    Last edited by bawareca; 08-20-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

I've only owned three cars, so the choice is pretty easy. MR2 Spyder. Economical, extremely reliable, and more fun than a torch throwing contest in a fireworks factory. It scales well into a dedicated track car too, which is great. The only thing I had to upgrade was the addition of an oil cooler. All else, cooling, brake pads, oil pan, etc are sufficient for track use, stock.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    0 times

best car ive own is probably my miata

Liked
    72 times

Honda two thousand

Liked
    1477 times

Looks like a landslide . . .
    bellwilliam likes this.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif
    Liked
    51 times

05 Lotus Elise. 61K on it, has never been to the shop and never will. Quick, fun (still smiling every time I get out of it), reliable, rear wheel drive and mid engine. Yummy.

Kam
    Liked
    87 times

Porsche 914 1.7

It had the longest throw of any shifter I've ever driven next to a pick-up and a z31 300zx.
    The starter seemed to have more torque.
    The handling wasn't awful, but wasn't magical.
    The rev counter bounced.
    it got horrible gas mileage.

Yet, it made me want to drive it more so than any other car I've ever owned. It wasn't perfect, it wasn't especially pretty... but it had personality and character, which is more important than 155mph cruising speeds or reliability
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast