+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aint' feeling the love from "America's tire direct"!

Liked
    56 times

Default Aint' feeling the love from "America's tire direct"!

Aint' feeling the love from "America's tire direct"!
    If you have studs instead of OEM lug bolts.. they won't take the wheels off your car!!
    They "can't guarantee the tightness of the lug nuts if they're NOT OEM" (in other words they don't want to get sued if a wheel falls off).
    Unfortunately, they mounted the tires and didn't check for the studs the first time... so I brought it back today because I was getting a vibration in the front end, then the guy tells me he shouldn't pull the wheels off, so he calls corporate, he refunds me the mounting and balancing ($64) and DOES balance the front wheels.. but from now on, I have the take off the wheels and bring them to them if I want them rebalanced....

Liked
    2356 times

I'm sure that's a liability thing.

I have had nothing but exceptional service from any America's Tire I've ever gone to. I buy all my non race tires there.

Liked
    35 times

Also had very good service from America's Tire and buy my race and street tires from them. If they screw something up they own up and make it right.

Liked
    56 times

Just be forewarned, if you have aftermarket studs, they won't touch your car (or they will if they don't "inspect" it properly the 1st. time!), I've never in all the years I've had tires mounted heard of that...

Liked
    807 times

They have had this policy for quite a while. Same applies for any wheel spacers.

I used to like AT/DT, but I find they do slipshot work. It isn't useful to me to to have to return for balance work when they either can't be bothered to do it right the first three times or won't bother to check the tires for defects. I had an issue with a set of Michelins I bought for my e30. 5 times to get the balance correct in less than 1000 miles before they realized it was old stock they originally sold me and 3 of the 4 were defective.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    7 times

Americas Tire handles my Porsche, my wife's car, and my fleet of service vehicles. Always fair prices and first rate service.

If they won't touch your car due to mods, just bring the wheels in. Insurance bean counters got in the way and all tire shops have to deal with ins bean counters.
    Porsche Cayman 2.9L

+ Reply to Thread