Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 991 GT3 RS review...

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2398 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    Option #308: Yellow tape on steering wheel $2499
    Tell me about it. I did a virtual build of a Cayman GT4. Crikey the options are ludicrously expensive. Still want one though dammit.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    0 times

Nice video. Would love one!

Liked
    12 times

Most of Chris Harris' video's are poetry in my eyes. Haters gonna hate but everyone's entitled to their own opinion in terms of wardrobe and safety attire. I would wear a helmet and feel more comfortable with a 6 point and HNR, but there's no way in hell I would pass up an opportunity to drive cars like that.

I think a lot of people learned to hate him after he spoke negatively about the miata, which is about like vomiting on the pope. His honest opinion on the miata is one of my favorite videos from him. Lets not forget that he was talking about a bone stock NA. It really isn't the sharpest car. Driving slow on a curvy back road in a stock NA is fine, but pushing 10/10ths on a track in the same car leaves you wanting in terms of feedback and responsiveness. I was downright scared when trying to keep up with my car driven by a friend, when I was driving his stock NA on the tail of the dragon.

Anyway, the GT3RS looks amazing. Forgive me for my immaturity but, I can't not love vents in fenders.
    - Andrew

1991 Miata (daily driver)
    2:29.8 VIR Full Course

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Pyr0monk3y View Post
    Most of Chris Harris' video's are poetry in my eyes. Haters gonna hate but everyone's entitled to their own opinion in terms of wardrobe and safety attire. I would wear a helmet and feel more comfortable with a 6 point and HNR, but there's no way in hell I would pass up an opportunity to drive cars like that.

I think a lot of people learned to hate him after he spoke negatively about the miata, which is about like vomiting on the pope. His honest opinion on the miata is one of my favorite videos from him. Lets not forget that he was talking about a bone stock NA. It really isn't the sharpest car. Driving slow on a curvy back road in a stock NA is fine, but pushing 10/10ths on a track in the same car leaves you wanting in terms of feedback and responsiveness. I was downright scared when trying to keep up with my car driven by a friend, when I was driving his stock NA on the tail of the dragon.

Anyway, the GT3RS looks amazing. Forgive me for my immaturity but, I can't not love vents in fenders.
    And no one has yet to comment on Harris' Chevy Volt commercial disguised as a review, and why that is not a breach of journalistic ethics. *rolls eyes*

The only video I'm aware of shows Harris driving a modded Miata, not a stock Miata.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36whvegFIqg
    Can you link to the stock Miata review?

It's very safe and trite to say everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's also as meaningless as a fart in the wind, sharing the same significance. If someone who is a journalist for the latest hedonistic practices says sex is not very pleasurable, then that's well and good, but their opinion is objectively wrong. History shows that sex moves nations and humanity as a whole just as it shows the Miata is universally loved not just by the peasants who can't afford anything better, but also by the wealthy who skip their porches every day to drive the Miata to work. So when mister click-bait, aspiring, career minded internet personality type says otherwise, one must wonder what he's gaining.

Harris is good at what he does. I enjoyed his videos before I realized he has no integrity and he would just as soon sell me a car as he would tell me about it.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif
    Liked
    345 times

Good one Andrew!

I think a lot of people learned to hate him after he spoke negatively about the miata, which is about like vomiting on the pope.
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports
    http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Liked
    3 times

Harris has said multiple times that the reason he slides cars around is because that is what people want to see. His role is to entertain, not impress.

Liked
    854 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Chris Harris is a hack. All he does is drift around. He never actually tries to drive fast or provide any useful insight into the vehicle dynamics. ...
    Hows this?

68 year old Walter Röhrl is a racing legend - a two-time WRC champ and Porsche test driver. Röhrl lays down hot laps at Bilster Berg—a course he helped design.

This video really does create a much better sense of the car's dynamics (and our capacity to age with grace).

Yes, smooth is fast.

And yes, . . . "youth has no age" - Pablo Picasso
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 05-28-2015 at 10:13 PM.

JJ1
    Liked
    177 times

No helmet, no safety equipment! ATTACK HIM!
    howang likes this.

Liked
    854 times

Perhaps Porsche wants Joe Country Club to identify with the video?

You would think, however, that the target market for this car mostly includes guys that do own (and use) helmets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2