+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Olitho

Thread: 800 HP Mid-engine Corvette?

Liked
    2344 times

Default 800 HP Mid-engine Corvette?

robburgoon and bawareca like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    2364 times

They have been threatening to build a mid-engine Corvette since the C4. Now it looks like it will happen.

Liked
    1721 times

I hope I am impressed when it does come out. I am completely unimpressed with the C7. I have been looking for a new racecar. I have driven the mustang GT, M235I, M240I, and the C7, all T class candidates. I'm so unimpressed that keeping my C5 is very possible. My dad bought a Cayman w/ PDK last night and I drove it for about 10 miles. Wow! what a car from 2.0L motor. I have owned 3 mid-engine Ferraris and none of those was on rails nor could get the power down like the Cayman on street tires. Frankly, those Ferrari mid-engine cars were no better than a late model Vette. I can only hope that the new Mid-engine vette has V-8 grunt I love with the handling and chassis balance of the Cayman. The cayman is not light at 3100lbs without driver but sure feels that way. Can Corvette do it?

Liked
    20 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    I hope I am impressed when it does come out. I am completely unimpressed with the C7. I have been looking for a new racecar. I have driven the mustang GT, M235I, M240I, and the C7, all T class candidates. I'm so unimpressed that keeping my C5 is very possible. My dad bought a Cayman w/ PDK last night and I drove it for about 10 miles. Wow! what a car from 2.0L motor. I have owned 3 mid-engine Ferraris and none of those was on rails nor could get the power down like the Cayman on street tires. Frankly, those Ferrari mid-engine cars were no better than a late model Vette. I can only hope that the new Mid-engine vette has V-8 grunt I love with the handling and chassis balance of the Cayman. The cayman is not light at 3100lbs without driver but sure feels that way. Can Corvette do it?
    how do you like the M240?

JJ1
    Liked
    188 times

Must be like the 650hp vette. They have to test in the snow so it won't overheat.

Liked
    158 times

Feels like this is going to be a homologation special to go up against the likes of the 488 and the Ford GT.

Liked
    20 times

Quote Originally Posted by anorexicpoodle View Post
    Feels like this is going to be a homologation special to go up against the likes of the 488 and the Ford GT.
    C7 z51 is already a super fast car with 1:57@buttonwillow and 1:38 lap time@laguna seca with PSS! A used one is only at around 45k.
    VA(15) STI/FRS

+ Reply to Thread