+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 6/23/12 enduro report - why we have to fire our head mechanic...

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2391 times

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
    Not on the chump car from last week LOL. It had cheapo ebay little spotlights that are worse than the stock NA headlights, and weren't even aimed correctly
    That was 2nd Chance Roadsters car, Patch. We knew he had no team and we needed an extra car to help train our crew so we took it under our wing. None of my prep staff ever saw the car before the event. I could not see s*** when I was driving it!
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2391 times

Default Sunday PTC race

Start and first few laps in this clip. Dennis (silver/blue #5 RX8) just barely got by at the start and I backed off to avoid contact. Later and split second report from my spotter and car chief Grant Conley, warned me of dirt in Riverside a moment before we reached it. Just enough time to formulate a plan. I knew when Dennis hit it and lifted he would tighten his line to keep me from getting inside, I also knew there would not likely be dirt outside and he wouldn't have enough speed to need to track out. I had a good drive off of Phil Hill. Caught him just as he hit the dirt and lifted, committed to the outside and hoped he gave me enough room.
    He ran just a tiny bit wide but not into the dirt and that was that. Opened up a gap then pedaled the last two laps because I could hear the LF hub going south. You can just hear it in the video when I turn left.

The last lap in this clip was a 2:08 I think. Later in the race I did a 2:07.2 for my fast race lap of the weekend. My TTC winning lap was a 2:07.098 earlier
    when it was cooler.

Last edited by emilio700; 06-25-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    704 times

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Gotcha.

Excuse the OT, but since you're at buttholewillow.. Did Jeremy run the Red Spec Z this weekend?
    If yes, how did it look out there?

Moti
    I saw the car, which looked great sitting there, but never saw it on track.

Dan Gardner, Richard's best bud, was running an FR-S in TT. Not sure how stock it was but I did at least see them change wheels.

Oh, and I hope Emilio didn't include the finish of his sprint race on Sunday. Video wasn't available yet when I tried to watch.
    Last edited by Red_5; 06-25-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    btw, Emilio in Crusher in PTC sprint race, qualfied P1, took P1 in race on Saturday. He got picked to go dyno.....
    he is allowed 170whp, made 158whp........... (imagine the surprise on competitors face)

damn, how does he win then ? so today's sprint race, NASA stuck a Traqmate in Crusher..... and Crusher qualified P1 again....

race in an hour.
    I like how scca pulls all the cars into impound after each qual and race, then weighs the top 1-3 cars for each class and does random inspections. It's good to hear that nasa is doing some enforcement of their class rules. I would like to see more of that (dyno, scales, gps) and have all the cars go to impound after each race even at regional events. Congrats to 949 for another successful racing weekend.
    Gian likes this.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    7 times

pit crew mistake during enduro: did not have any jack stands in our pit. so when kitty came in, someone had to run back to the trailer to grab them before we could crawl underneath the car. wasted 1 minute waiting. i didn't know there was a rule that a jack stand had to be under the car before anyone gets underneath... makes sense tho.

i saw the red FRS parked and noticed it had 235/40 17 NT01's on the front. i didn't look what was on the rear.

Liked
    72 times

Julian- Do you happen to know what times Dan ran?

949 team- Congrats on the finishes! I'm really bummed I wasn't able to be out there. I spent Saturday night laying on a pack of frozen blueberries, so I guess it was smart not too come out. Never mind the bag leaked and I dyed my floor and my skin a great red/blue...

Matt
    robburgoon likes this.
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    btw, Emilio in Crusher in PTC sprint race, qualfied P1, took P1 in race on Saturday. He got picked to go dyno.....
    he is allowed 170whp, made 158whp........... (imagine the surprise on competitors face)

damn, how does he win then ? so today's sprint race, NASA stuck a Traqmate in Crusher..... and Crusher qualified P1 again....

race in an hour.
    I think the Dyno was off, and gave me his reading.....What? I'm just say'n ......opps. lol.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    464 times

I have to say, 949 guys do an extremly good job. Well done guys!
    Last edited by Gian; 06-25-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    Matt
    nope. i didn't know who was driving it or what class it was in, so didn't bother looking at the timing sheets.

Liked
    704 times

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    I'm guessing it will be on Mylaps when the times are available.

Liked
    2282 times

the FRS didn't turn that great of a lap time...I heard there was a pro driver in it too....

so may be sandbagging ? so they can race it later before reclassing..
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    I like how scca pulls all the cars into impound after each qual and race, then weighs the top 1-3 cars for each class and does random inspections. It's good to hear that nasa is doing some enforcement of their class rules. I would like to see more of that (dyno, scales, gps) and have all the cars go to impound after each race even at regional events. Congrats to 949 for another successful racing weekend.
    NASA do weigh most of the top finishers regularly.
    but this time, they also dyno Crusher right after (this happens with NASA once a while too). then next day they mounted a Traqmate in Crusher, may be don't believe the dyno ? that people can cheat a dyno by a fuel map switch ?

Greg was fair though. He was very professional about it. almost helped me out with reclass...He is good, he knows most of the cars pretty well.....
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    704 times

Is it just me that's not able to watch Emilio's video?

Liked
    2391 times

Default stock FR-S on 1ccw

FR-S was Dan Gardner and Craig Stanton driving. Saturday they ran 100% OEM, 2:23 best lap. Sunday they ran some pretty old 225/45/17 R1's on what looked like an 8" wheel of their TC. Best R1 lap as far as I can tell was a 2:16. Safe to guess that fresh 245/40's would be worth at least 1s, maybe 2. Not super fast but no other changes to car. Dan said the car was super driveable, very balanced, just lacking torque down low and grip from so-so tires.

Video upload failed. Re-doing it now so I'll fix the link when it's done.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1477 times

2:16 on R-comps. OK, so for comparison, what was Crusher's best lap on 1-CCW last weekend?

I forgot that Dan Gardner races Scions. So he had an in, to get an FR-S on track.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    72 times

TrackHQ.com - The Forum for Track Day Enthusiasts, Racers and Time Attack Drivers - Buttonwillow Raceway Park

not a ton of representative lap times, but better than nothing. Not all that fast for sure.
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    1477 times

FR-S can't beat a Spec Miata with Craig Stanton driving the Scion?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    I saw the car, which looked great sitting there, but never saw it on track.

Dan Gardner, Richard's best bud, was running an FR-S in TT. Not sure how stock it was but I did at least see them change wheels.
    He was never gridded in front of me so i would guess somewhere in the mid 2:10's.

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    FR-S was Dan Gardner and Craig Stanton driving. Saturday they ran 100% OEM, 2:23 best lap. Sunday they ran some pretty old 225/45/17 R1's on what looked like an 8" wheel of their TC. Best R1 lap as far as I can tell was a 2:16. Safe to guess that fresh 245/40's would be worth at least 1s, maybe 2. Not super fast but no other changes to car. Dan said the car was super driveable, very balanced, just lacking torque down low and grip from so-so tires.
    Dave (owner of the yellow srt4 neon) also drove the car. They also got a set of newer tires on sunday.

Liked
    2282 times

I am going take a guess that FRS was sandbagging. That lap time doesnt look right. SM was running 2:13 at same day
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    70 times

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    pit crew mistake during enduro: did not have any jack stands in our pit. so when kitty came in, someone had to run back to the trailer to grab them before we could crawl underneath the car. wasted 1 minute waiting. i didn't know there was a rule that a jack stand had to be under the car before anyone gets underneath... makes sense tho.

i saw the red FRS parked and noticed it had 235/40 17 NT01's on the front. i didn't look what was on the rear.
    Unfortunately I was the guy who ran back to the trailer. I had my suit halfway on, tripping all over the place and when I got there, I had trouble finding them because it was real dark. Thank goodness it wasn't critical because at that point, the race was already over for Kitty. If it were for any of the other cars, it would have been.. pretty bad
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast