+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4x4 Rock Crawling in Sedona

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Default 4x4 Rock Crawling in Sedona

Went out to Sedona for a few days and rented a Jeep for some off-road fun. They rent nice fully prepped off-road jeeps which handled everything thrown at it. Definitely a lot of fun!

Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    2165 times

That looks like fun. It is beautiful country. I want to do that one day.

Oli
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    23 times

Can a passenger car do it. Looks like it was a blast to do. How much was the cost for the entire day?
    Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked
    29 times

I went out to Sedona for a week a couple of years ago. I did all the jeep trails and roads that the use for the jeep tours using the lifted jeeps. Broken arrow was a difficult one. It was cut with a small dozer for jeeps.

I did it all in my 3" lifted 1999 Silverado 4x4 with BFG All terrains. It was pretty narrow in some places for a full sized pickup but I went over and climbed up everything they did. Four Wheel low is really fun to play in.
    The Jeep guys were really cool. They were spotting for me in the really dicey and super steep stuff. I went down a rock face so steep it seemed like I would sit the truck on it's nose at the bottom. Could not have done it without the spotter.

It was a lot of fun, really scared me a couple of times. I was impressed with all that my truck could do and so were they.
    Last edited by markhs2; 02-17-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Yeah, I rented from Barlow Jeep Rentals. Definitely the best place to rent from in town. Solidly prepped vehicles and their people really know the trails and give you full trail guides. I was able to handle Broken Arrow no problem without a spotter. Prices are on the site - I did the 24 hour rental.

Having the Jeep was also great because it let me get to some spots to photograph I could have never reached with a standard street vehicle. You can get them with the Jeep tours, but you are usually on a tight schedule and won't have much time to walk around.

Last edited by imager993; 02-17-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    29 times

Hey Aaron,

Great photos. What did you take them with? I think I recognize the 1st one form broken arrow when you get all the way in.

It would definitely be easier with the short wheel base and narrower width of the Jeep. The extra cab full sized Silverado being so big was tight on that narrow cut trail. I had to pull in my side mirrors in some places. The truck was great on climbing up and down. I did a number of the other trails and some full gully and no trail rock climbing.

Liked
    0 times

This looks like so much fun... I definitely need to take a trip out there and try this.
    92 Civic Si #43 RTA 3rd Place Overall SFWD West 2009 http://charlesctran.blogspot.com
    Sponsors: Special Projects MS, PC-I, MOTUL Lubricants, Toyo Tires, Plan:B Motorsports, Carbotech Brakes

+ Reply to Thread