+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2016 Mazda MX-5 Curb Weight Announced

Liked
    375 times

From the point of view of a Porsche guy, I think it is GREAT that the Miata is taking a step forward without getting fatter. When I complain about the new 911 variations all weighing 700 pounds more than my 911, I'm repeatedly told that the only way for Porsche to meet federal safety standards is to make their cars heavier and larger. It makes me nuts.

Alfa, Mazda, Lotus, Fiat -- they all demonstrate that it is absolutely possible to make a car in 2015 that doesn't have to have the kind of visual heft that make stock brokes and lawyers feel secure in their manhood.

I will lay off the gay jokes entirely UNTIL Mazda makes a 3000-pound Miata. Because right now, that's a great weight.

Liked
    2243 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Also some of my best friends are gay . . .
    Most of whom are right here on TrackHQ.com.

Liked
    2243 times

I predict weights on cars will begin decreasing in the coming years. As modern materials become more affordable for mass production techniques, the trend toward heft will dissipate.

Fuel economy standards will light the way.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
    I think it's national bash Miata day or something . Here and FB, Miata hate everywhere....
    Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    It started about 25 years ago. Nothing new.
    It's penis envy.

But, seriously, what I like about the Miata/Spyder community is that they took the jokes and made them their own. Either that, or they initiated the jokes to begin with. It's impossible to take a Miata seriously. It's so cute, soft-looking, small, and fun. It's not rare. It's not fast. It draws a certain kind of person and repulses another. Those that are drawn to it realize they have much more in common, and a community is formed. One trait often found in the community is the ability to laugh at ones self. We would look pretty silly if we couldn't. We'd look like BMW owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
    I think it's national bash Miata day or something . Here and FB, Miata hate everywhere....
    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    I predict weights on cars will begin decreasing in the coming years. As modern materials become more affordable for mass production techniques, the trend toward heft will dissipate.

Fuel economy standards will light the way.
    We'll see. The Tesla is a not a promising indicating that this is the direction we're heading.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    76 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    it is absolutely possible to make a car in 2015 that doesn't have to have the kind of visual heft that make stock brokes and lawyers feel secure in their manhood.
    I almost died of laughter right now...
    1:46.3X @ BRP CW13 - 11/12/15 (400 whp, TD )
    1:26.82 @ WSIR - 10/12/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:22.7X @ SOW CW - 7/31/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:21.6X @ SOW CCW - 7/30/14 (400whp, Nt01)
    2:00.01 @ CVR CW - 9/28/13 (350whp, RS3)
    1:48.22 @ ACS - 11/23/13 (400whp, RS3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2