+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: 2013 NASA ST2...Whats the dealio?

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Default 2013 NASA ST2...Whats the dealio?

Next year all the CA T1 Vettes will be running in ST2 with NASA? What went wrong? And i also heard some noob is planning to pilot a Miata in ST2? What the hell is going on?
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    977 times

SCCA tried to change T1 to be a mixture of existing T1 cars and slowed-down STO cars. Consensus from the T1 Vettes is that not only are the rules mismatched for their cars, but that the costs will spiral out of control. My observation is that one of the biggest issues is the way this was all handled, as the SCCA seems to have been oblivious to the concerns of the existing T1 guys as they made these changes.

Good news I think Are you coming back Ed? I am hoping to race a bunch of ST2 races next year.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    the SCCA is oblivious
    Fixed it for you . . .
    hakeem likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    546 times

At the National level SCCA is slowly trying to get out of the "a class for every car" philosophy. With T1 participation nationally at less than 3 cars per race (compared to an average of 19 for SM and 18 for SRF) the decision was made to offer T1 cars the choice to be slowed down a bit and run with T2 or free up the rules and race against the STO cars. The option remained to run regionals under the existing T1 rules in CalClub and SFR (and probably every other region that would be asked) but that wasn't particularly appealing, it seems, since it would eliminate contingency money for winning (according the Oli).

Steve

+ Reply to Thread