here you go...HTML...
    UploadedFile_130051120281099896

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2398 times

Quote Originally Posted by granth View Post
    here you go...HTML...
    UploadedFile_130051120281099896
    Uh, post in this thread? Convert it to text or something.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2398 times

Default 2013 Miata Challenge round 1 results- Streets of Willow

2013 Miata Challenge round 1 results- Streets of Willow

MC MOD
    1. edward krisher 1:26.849
    2. Greg Rivera 1:31.903
    3. Justin Ross 1:33.772
    4. Drew Dayton 1:34.454
    5. Sean Thomson 1:35.218
    6. JUNNR RIVERZ 1:36.224
    7. derek kosol 1:36.551
    MC Super Mod
    1. Ryan Passey 1:23.633
    2. Moti Almagor 1:26.938
    3. Alex Renderos 1:28.907
    4. ROBBIE STICKERS 1:31.122
    5. Anthony Bedegi 1:31.488
    6. Ritchie Wimmer 1:33.022
    7. Jon May 1:38.113
    MC STtreet
    1. Erik Islas 1:29.917
    2. Joe Xie 1:31.729
    3. Erik Bruner 1:33.253
    4. SCOTT WILLIAMS 1:46.504
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    2282 times

So all of you got ass handed by old man Ed ?

Long live great Ed !!!
    Red_5 likes this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    543 times

Great event, I am sure a proper write up is in the works as we speak, looking forward to it! Great turn out - 18 cars competing in MC IIRC.

Saw tons of familiar faces and had a great time off-track hanging out with friends/competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Ryan's 1:23.6 is the fastest a Miata has ever gone on street tires, isn't it?
    He was running down almost every car in both Green and Red groups, probably set a time within the top 5 FTDs.
    SV just posted results - 2nd FTD bested only by one S2K.

I have to give a big thank you to Moti/BFW for all the little tricks that have gone into the car as its developed. The little things sure do add up and they have made all the difference.

I ran in green group and was having trouble getting clean laps - despite pre-gridding in 1st, I would catch up with cars by the 3rd lap so I only had a couple laps to get a quick time in. Alex had the idea to crash Red group where most of the S2K Challenge competitors were running and I thought it would be a great opportunity to have a better shot at some clean laps with cars more on the same pace... I ended up with some great in-car footage of running down just about the entire field of winged S2K's

Looking forward to many more great MC events this season!
    Blackbird likes this.
    Ryan Passey
    Singulšr Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
    "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1883 times

It is nice of you to recognize that all those small details make the difference, the car was rocket fast for sure, but I gotta hand it to you for some fantastic driving yesterday.
    Way to go!
    Better dip into the 1:59's in CVR ...

The Red group session we did was a fun one, especially the 2 laps Rob and I got to play a little.
    Can't wait to see all the pics that Erik B. took!

Liked
    1883 times

Default MC #1 recap

MC #1 was a great season opener, nice turnout - good weather, great on track battles and some blazing lap times!

Pulled into pit road in the morning with the thermometer in my van showing that it's 15ļ outside! Fifteen!
    Luckily it did warm up between the time I unloaded the car and when we got on track.

Had some good on track battles with Ed Krisher, one of which ended with me leaving the track surface going backwards (nothing too dramatic though..) and good times catching with Rob Burgoon who I've never met in person before despite talking on various forums for years

Set a new PB of 1:26.938 which was not too bad with the car having some minor handling issues, good enough for 2nd in Super Mod, but the wins in all three classes went down with some excellent lap times.

Erik Islas posted an impressive 1:29.917 FTW in street, Ed Krisher popped a 1:26.849 in Mod and Ryan Passey squeezed out an unbelieveable 1:23.633 for the win in Super Mod while driving on street tires. Wow!

As the new title sponsor of the Miata Challenge (along with Fat Cat Motorsports), I had the pleasure of setting up all podium finishers with Blackbird Fabworx gift certificates which are good for racing related products such as safety gear and vehicle prep and of course custom fabrication services for your needs.
    Great Job guys!

Eagerly awaiting the photographs from Erik Bruner who was volunteered to be the camera man of the MC, including a nice group shot that we set in front of the streets building.

Next round is coming up on Sunday March 24th and I really hope to see some of the new faces we had @ SOW coming back and of course all the regulars!
    We're planning doing both days (with Saturday the 23rd) and have a Miata Challenge BBQ at the track on Sat night!

Liked
    543 times

I know Erik has the good quality pics coming, here are a couple I snapped with my point-and-shoot:

Ryan Passey

#13 1990 Miata

Liked
    133 times

So I'm a serial lurker on these boards. This is as good a time as any to start posting. I'm Erik Bruner. I drive a miata and here are some of my pictures from round #1 of the 2013 BFW/FCM/949/SV Maita Challenge.

Entire Album Here. 2013 Miata Challenge - a set on Flickr

Street Podium: That's me on the right

Mod Podium:

Supermod Podium

And this is my car... If you see me at the track feel free to give me pointers. I'm new to this whole RWD track car thing.

P.S. If you have 56k... I'm sorry. consider the load times on this thread screwed.
    Blackbird and b3d3g1 like this.

Liked
    133 times

I feel like this is some from this website too... I didn't get a chance to meet this person. Next time.

Liked
    704 times

^^That's Burgoon, aka Ricky Stickers.

Welcome to Trackhq, make sure to officially introduce yourself in the new members thread.

Nice car, 99 is the best year for a Miata.
    granth likes this.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    140 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    ^^That's Burgoon, aka Ricky Stickers
    Yeah Eric I like that better "Ricky" AKA "Ricky Bobby" Stickers!
    Red_5 likes this.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by ebruner View Post
    I feel like this is some from this website too... I didn't get a chance to meet this person. Next time.
    I just embellished him with a new nick-name: "Squeal, Piggy, Piggy, Squeal!" See Rob Burgoon's thread about his new race car started earlier today.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1883 times

That is some fantastic work with the camera, Erik.
    Seriously, that is a work of art whether it's my car or not..
    Sure beats anything that Cali ever shot of my car in that track, and they do it all the time.
    Just the right amount of exposure, dynamic framing and superb panning ability - such clear shot from the side of a White car in the sun.
    Thank you.

Liked
    543 times

Erik, great to have you on the forum! I looked over the album and am just speechless. Incredible photos.

Do you mind if I use a few of them? Always want to ask just to be sure.

I was sorry your slave cylinder was acting up, but I'm almost not sorry at all now! These are the first photos I've seen from SOW that are dynamic, well composed, and exciting. Hope you get the car sorted soon and with minimal headache though.

This one is my personal favorite. I'm stoked you caught this. I was intending to hang the outer half of the inside tires off the pavement to straighten the corner out as much as possible through these esses, but of course that was just the intention - didn't know how successful I was being at it. You caught it perfectly!:

Ryan Passey

#13 1990 Miata

Liked
    704 times

Quote Originally Posted by granth View Post
    Yeah Eric I like that better "Ricky" AKA "Ricky Bobby" Stickers!
    Lol, I genuinely messed that up, but that's what I was thinking of.

Liked
    133 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    Welcome to Trackhq, make sure to officially introduce yourself in the new members thread.
    Nice car, 99 is the best year for a Miata.
    Thanks for the welcome Eric (or is it Erik?) I look forward to meeting you and picking your brains on lines etc. Iíve gained a lot from your posts in the past on miata.net and I hope I can replicate your success and speed moving from hpde to full on wheel to wheel junky.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    That is some fantastic work with the camera, Erik.
    Seriously, that is a work of art whether it's my car or not..
    Sure beats anything that Cali ever shot of my car in that track, and they do it all the time.
    Just the right amount of exposure, dynamic framing and superb panning ability - such clear shot from the side of a White car in the sun.
    Thank you.
    NP Moti. I will admit that shooting white cars in the harsh mid day sun is one of my least favorite things to do. Iíve come up with a few tricks with both shooting and editing to make the shots look as I see them when I press the shutter release. Iím more of a photojournalist style shooter as thatís what I was trained for in school. I always try and show the event the way it was when I was standing there.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepass View Post
    Erik, great to have you on the forum! I looked over the album and am just speechless. Incredible photos.
    Do you mind if I use a few of them? Always want to ask just to be sure.
    Thanks for the kudoís. You should feel free to use any of these photos where/how you please. Just please give photo credit if you end up using them for a magazine or some sort of commercial purpose.

For the rest of you guys you should always feel free to use my photoís for whatever you want. I shoot cars for fun and it will stay that way until I grow enough cahones to quit my day job and do this for a living. Now if you want me to shoot your wedding or something, thatís a different story :P All that I ask is for photo credit and if any of you end up using these for commercial use and youíre really happy with them, keep me in mind for a set of take off tires down the line.

I was sorry your slave cylinder was acting up, but I'm almost not sorry at all now! These are the first photos I've seen from SOW that are dynamic, well composed, and exciting. Hope you get the car sorted soon and with minimal headache though.
    Iíve had some up and down luck with this car so far but I canít complain. Itís had the typical issues of a 100k mile car turned track car but it somehow always gets me home despite the growing pains.

Even though I only got 2.5 sessions in this last weekend I was really happy with my times. I was at streets running the same configuration in November and my fastest time of the day was 1:35:00 with a passenger. This last weekend I was able to put down 1:33:2 alone in the car. I consider this not all bad for running on star specs and only my 18-20th session in this car (and rwd cars in general). Iíve got a lot of learning to do and I look forward to a point where I can hand over the keys to a trackhq member to see what the car can do and learn some things.

To be honest both my driving and the car are progressing faster than I thought it would. One of these days I'll get a full 5 sessions in and be able to shave some more fractions off my times.

This one is my personal favorite. I'm stoked you caught this. I was intending to hang the outer half of the inside tires off the pavement to straighten the corner out as much as possible through these esses, but of course that was just the intention - didn't know how successful I was being at it. You caught it perfectly!
    I donít mean to toot my own horn but beep beep. I saw you do that the lap before and I got ready to capture that shot as you came through that section on the next lap. I was impressed with how fast/clean and stable you were through this section of the track. Iíd say youíre carrying an extra 15-20mph through there than me and your car is much more planted. It seems like your driving and your car have taken a serious step forward this season. Canít wait to see what you do on some tracks that let your car stretch itís legs. I canít imagine that aero stuff on CWV.

Liked
    133 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Report!
    Have you guys found anyone to update/maintain the website. I think I could get this done for you guys. I haven't maintained a website in years but the MC website seems simple enough. The only caveat is that the updates might lag a few days behind the completion of the events occasionally. My work schedule can be a little un-predictable and it's not uncommon to have an 80 hour work week sneak in there.

Liked
    704 times

Thanks for the welcome Eric (or is it Erik?) I look forward to meeting you and picking your brains on lines etc. I’ve gained a lot from your posts in the past on miata.net and I hope I can replicate your success and speed moving from hpde to full on wheel to wheel junky.
    I am an Eric and you sir are too kind. After seeing some of the times from the MC, I think there are better brains to pick but I'm happy to help when I can.

Liked
    2398 times

Have you guys found anyone to update/maintain the website. I think I could get this done for you guys. I haven't maintained a website in years but the MC website seems simple enough. The only caveat is that the updates might lag a few days behind the completion of the events occasionally. My work schedule can be a little un-predictable and it's not uncommon to have an 80 hour work week sneak in there.
    No volunteers as yet. It's a simple wordpress site. You can update from a mobile phone. I just don't have the time to stay on top of it. We also have a full vbulletin forum license and linux server space. Forum take a lot of work so it's sitting unpublished for now.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast