+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2011 Super Lap Battle Finale Thread

Liked
    130 times

if you can't tow there from ca, it doesn't count.

Liked
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_drew View Post
    Yah for sure there need to be enough cars to fill a class, I agree on that. TA is really a media event not really a track event though. There are 400 cars at NASA but there arent 10 different media outlets non stop photogs around the car and live streaming inverviews. I think part of the perception comes form changing landscape and partly its true that its in trouble and needs a revival or it will die. After I saw the GTA thing though everyone on the team had our hopes restored. It seems like SLB is still "the standard bearer", everyone wants that record still. Regardless of how many cars are there. I think the records are getting tougher and the fields are thinning out... and there is no real meaning to a 2nd place trophy with only two cars, they should do something about that.

In land speed racing the awards were all about how far you were from the record, I liked that part about it. I got a few awards for within 1% of the record. I wonder if something like that would help. SLB is run by magazines, their interest is in hot looking cars, and super fast cars come second to that, they dont need a big field to have something to talk about. So from their perspective it wasnt that bad.

For competiors though I really hope something improves, fingers crossed for GTA. I probably wont be competing much anymore personally, just because of life things. FXMD will continue but the aero is done pretty much so I dont think they will fly me in just for trackside setup anymore, plenty of capable setup engineers locally.

On the money. As a magazine you really only publish the top runners anyways, they don't cover every car at the event. When I spoke with Elliot he said all he cares about is breaking records, and at the end of the day that is basically what time attack is all about.

Liked
    103 times

^well then good thing i broke one :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5