+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2011 Super Lap Battle Finale Thread

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by 0.o slow 1.6 View Post
    Time for you to dominate mod class
    i dunno, the car would need alot of work to get it to where i would want it to be for mod class

Liked
    47 times

Quote Originally Posted by 0.o slow 1.6 View Post
    Time for you to dominate mod class
    ohhhh rirrrayyy
    Andrew M Brilliant
    Aerodynamicist / Race Engineer

Liked
    103 times

^yeah not happening LOL

Liked
    15 times

I think if we put a woman at the 3rd apex curb on top of cotton corner Clint would have just flied over her and not harm her at all =p
    Congratz once again, car sounds/ runs amazing!!
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    I think if we put a woman at the 3rd apex curb on top of cotton corner Clint would have just flied over her and not harm her at all =p
    Congratz once again, car sounds/ runs amazing!!
    ROFL!!!! Maybe we can try this trick with a female photographer lol. thanks man

Liked
    130 times

wow, time attack is dead. what happened? just too much $ to compete?

Liked
    103 times

^i dont have much money

Liked
    47 times

Quote Originally Posted by krazik View Post
    I'm curious to hear more about your opinion about it being dead, do you mean because RTA died out? Or something else?
    Andrew M Brilliant

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_drew View Post
    I'm curious to hear more about your opinion about it being dead, do you mean because RTA died out? Or something else?
    Wasn't this past SLB the lowest car count int recent years Drew? This was my first time not attending in the past 3yrs, so I can't say for myself, but just from looking at the roster of competitors, doesn't look like many people are showing up?

Liked
    47 times

I'm not disagreeing just wanted to hear his point of view. Definitely car count was low, last year was as well five records set, last year was four. I dont think car count is the only indicator.

It feels pretty fragmented and uncertain, economy could be a factor but I dont know.

The GTA Infineon event was a great show, car counts were low compared to the RTA heyday big events, but I hope that improves because it was great. There was a point in time when we were out in a session against GST and there were 5000 people on the live feed. Thats unprecedented, so I dont see much clear indications of whats happening right now. I feel like we have to wait and see.
    Last edited by gixxer_drew; 11-27-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Andrew M Brilliant

Liked
    130 times

I was speaking about SLB, I donno how GTA is doing. but yeah redline died up and it looked like there were classes with 2 cars? Unlimited AWD had no entrants?

Sure seems dead from my seat.

and car count -is- the indicator. sure a couple cars went faster and there are a couple shops still spending money on cars but almost everyone is gone.

Car count is competition.
    Last edited by krazik; 11-28-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Liked
    130 times

I should add, I don't want to see TA fail. just my observation from the sidelines. unlimited competitions almost always fail too. that I have a lot of experience in

Liked
    47 times

Yah for sure there need to be enough cars to fill a class, I agree on that. TA is really a media event not really a track event though. There are 400 cars at NASA but there arent 10 different media outlets non stop photogs around the car and live streaming inverviews. I think part of the perception comes form changing landscape and partly its true that its in trouble and needs a revival or it will die. After I saw the GTA thing though everyone on the team had our hopes restored. It seems like SLB is still "the standard bearer", everyone wants that record still. Regardless of how many cars are there. I think the records are getting tougher and the fields are thinning out... and there is no real meaning to a 2nd place trophy with only two cars, they should do something about that.

In land speed racing the awards were all about how far you were from the record, I liked that part about it. I got a few awards for within 1% of the record. I wonder if something like that would help. SLB is run by magazines, their interest is in hot looking cars, and super fast cars come second to that, they dont need a big field to have something to talk about. So from their perspective it wasnt that bad.

For competiors though I really hope something improves, fingers crossed for GTA. I probably wont be competing much anymore personally, just because of life things. FXMD will continue but the aero is done pretty much so I dont think they will fly me in just for trackside setup anymore, plenty of capable setup engineers locally.
    Last edited by gixxer_drew; 11-28-2011 at 12:26 AM.
    Andrew M Brilliant

Liked
    130 times

Are the magazines/media still paying attention to SLB?

Liked
    47 times

Its run by source interlink, they publish the results and have a bunch of stuff in their mags following the thing. DSport is the one mag that isn't source interlink. They are supposedly going to cover GTA but I dont know if they have been.
    Andrew M Brilliant

Liked
    15 times

it is easy for someone who doesn't do time attack to come in and comment that time attack is dead

I don't think time attack is dead; is the economy dead? or it is just "down"??
    if low car counts = dead, than lots of the scca/ nasa w2w classes are long gone lol
    we get ups and downs in life and this is one of the downs for TA
    TA will come back stronger than never and I truely believe in that

imho we need to form an TA driver union where all the competitors decide the rules and stuff
    not stupid organizations who only wants to make $$ and ended up fxcking everything up
    enuf of big corporations making dumb mistakes that cost (b)millions to fix.. time for us consumers to stand up and say sth!!

just my .02
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ A union of time attack drivers? You gotta be kidding . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    130 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    it is easy for someone who doesn't do time attack to come in and comment that time attack is dead

I don't think time attack is dead; is the economy dead? or it is just "down"??
    if low car counts = dead, than lots of the scca/ nasa w2w classes are long gone lol
    we get ups and downs in life and this is one of the downs for TA
    TA will come back stronger than never and I truely believe in that
    Lots of w2w series are dead too. no reason to get offended by something that is clearly my opinion and that I stated as such and that I'm just observing from the side lines. but as I see it, 35 entrants in 9 classes isn't dead but it probably should be taken out back and put out of it's misery, and looking at the results some classes had 1 or 2 competitors. thats not a competition.

again, I don't wish it to fail, I'm all for any form of racing but again if the class I was racing in had 3 people in it, I'd also call it dead (much like ITE).

imho we need to form an TA driver union where all the competitors decide the rules and stuff
    not stupid organizations who only wants to make $$ and ended up fxcking everything up
    enuf of big corporations making dumb mistakes that cost (b)millions to fix.. time for us consumers to stand up and say sth!!

just my .02
    And this is why series fail right here. on both sides. the organizer screws it up and then someone thinks its a good idea to split up the drivers....

Working
    Liked
    29 times

I'm all for any form of racing but again if the class I was racing in had 3 people in it, I'd also call it dead (much like ITE).
    Be careful with this one, RchardHonda might get pissed about you calling TA "Racing"

this is why series fail right here. on both sides. the organizer screws it up and then someone thinks its a good idea to split up the drivers....
    Tony George much

Liked
    15 times

After watching this video, it doesn't look like TA is very dead.. at least not in Australia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast