+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Mustang GT vs. E92 M3

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    What is JDM?
    Oli's not kidding, he really doesn't know. Ask him what an FD is.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    im seriously considering the new stang, what color should i get?
    Flaming Pink.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Flaming Pink.

all jokes aside, i was thinking about either the dark grey, same as my focus, or that loud light blue

Liked
    1477 times

all jokes aside, i was thinking about either the dark grey, same as my focus, or that loud light blue
    I got my daughter a 2006 Mustang V6 Coupe in white, and I think it looks great. I wanted to take it out to WSIR, but she said NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Liked
    103 times

I got my daughter a 2006 Mustang V6 Coupe in white, and I think it looks great. I wanted to take it out to WSIR, but she said NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    i think the 2005-2009 body panels looked good in light colors, but i think the newer body panels look better in dark colors, thats why im leaning more toward the grey then the blue, but man that light blue POPS!

if i end up getting one ill let you drive it if you want

Liked
    704 times

That blue is pretty cool but you can't go wrong with either.

e

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    That blue is pretty cool but you can't go wrong with either.

e
    I disagree about that blue color. I think it's pretty hideous. I think you would like it for a few weeks, but end up feeling like "what the heck was I thinking?"

Dark grey is kinda boring, and that comes from the driver of a Graphite Grey Evo IX.

How about Yellow?

Liked
    103 times

I disagree about that blue color. I think it's pretty hideous. I think you would like it for a few weeks, but end up feeling like "what the heck was I thinking?"

Dark grey is kinda boring, and that comes from the driver of a Graphite Grey Evo IX.

How about Yellow?
    the yellow that it comes in is kinda a dark mustard yellow, and its cost 500 bux more in that color

Liked
    2165 times

Oli's not kidding, he really doesn't know. Ask him what an FD is.
    Well, I know FD is fire department. Don't be a kook. Everyone knows that.

Liked
    2165 times

Flaming Pink.
    Like your underwear.... Do they still have the different days of the week imprinted on each pair?

Liked
    3 times

i'm digging the new Boss 302 .

if only i can get ahold of that motor somehow....
    -DanBev

2005 Mustang 4.0L(->4.6L)
    Mineral Grey

FUN!

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by danbev07 View Post
    i'm digging the new Boss 302 .

if only i can get ahold of that motor somehow....
    It'll be an off-the-shelf production part soon. I heard ~$7K

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    It'll be an off-the-shelf production part soon. I heard ~$7K
    Ford already has the 5.0 motor listed on the fordracingparts website. This is for the '11 5.0 with the advertised 412 bhp, but the boss 302's are supposed to have a new intake design and better cams for 440 bhp I read. You're correct about pricing: $6999. That doesn't include the harness/ECU, alternator, or power steering. The new 6-speed trannies aren't listed yet.

I had read somewhere Ford was thinking of making a retrofit kit for the 05-10 cars, but i wonder if that will truly ever happen.
    -DanBev

2005 Mustang 4.0L(->4.6L)
    Mineral Grey

FUN!

Liked
    1429 times

You guys can't be serious. Billy, I hate to interrupt your Ford commercial, but cross shopping an M3 and a mustang is just silly.

You can compare weight, horsepower, 0-60, and mpg to your heart's content, but those aren't what separate the cars. The mustang may have a great sounding engine, but it is a cheap car and will always be a cheap car no matter what they put under the hood.

It's sort of like the evo, you can make it go as fast as you want, but it's still a tricked out econobox.

GrayFocus can boost for the *****es, but only the *****es that can see past the fact that versions of his car sold for less than $10K new.

Live rear axle aside, with the M3 you are buying status, luxury, and if my e30 drive is any representation, a damn fine driving experience (and maybe a back seat that isn't a bad joke?)

Not saying the mustang isn't a lot of fun for the money, but luxury sedan it most certainly isn't.

The case you should be making is the mustang vs the corvette. The corvette has sexy looks, wishbones, IRS, and less weight, but the mustang scratches a lot of the same itches for lots less.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

This year has really opened my eyes up to the capabilities of stick-axles and their advantages over IRS. Yes you can make them work (quite well) and a stock geometry Mustang GS car can out-handle a stock geometry E92 M3 GS car. -let alone making adjustable panhard bars/track bars, watts links, and satchell links and cambered rear axles.

Rob needs to work on his reading comprehension skills.

Cliff notes: Mustang GT target audience =/= M3 target audience. Just like it's always been (as well as many other cars). Similar if not better performance for less $.

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    This year has really opened my eyes up to the capabilities of stick-axles and their advantages over IRS. Yes you can make them work (quite well) and a stock geometry Mustang GS car can out-handle a stock geometry E92 M3 GS car. -let alone making adjustable panhard bars/track bars, watts links, and satchell links and cambered rear axles.

Rob needs to work on his reading comprehension skills.

Cliff notes: Mustang GT target audience =/= M3 target audience. Just like it's always been (as well as many other cars). Similar if not better performance for less $.
    Reading comprehension is just fine, it's skepticism about your handling claims.

Also not sure we both define handling the same way:
    James May Helps Define Handling

In order to fully buy in to what you are saying, I'd need to see lap times and then also see how the cars felt to drive.

And I still think that kicking this off with an M3 and a mustang was silly. Why don't we look at a neon SRT4 and an RX-8? They have similar stats, the dodge is quite a bit cheaper, but the dodge is a WWD neon and the RX8 is RWD sports car (arguably).

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    You guys can't be serious. Billy, I hate to interrupt your Ford commercial, but cross shopping an M3 and a mustang is just silly.

You can compare weight, horsepower, 0-60, and mpg to your heart's content, but those aren't what separate the cars. The mustang may have a great sounding engine, but it is a cheap car and will always be a cheap car no matter what they put under the hood.

It's sort of like the evo, you can make it go as fast as you want, but it's still a tricked out econobox.

GrayFocus can boost for the *****es, but only the *****es that can see past the fact that versions of his car sold for less than $10K new.

Live rear axle aside, with the M3 you are buying status, luxury, and if my e30 drive is any representation, a damn fine driving experience (and maybe a back seat that isn't a bad joke?)

Not saying the mustang isn't a lot of fun for the money, but luxury sedan it most certainly isn't.

The case you should be making is the mustang vs the corvette. The corvette has sexy looks, wishbones, IRS, and less weight, but the mustang scratches a lot of the same itches for lots less.
    hey my focus was a fully loaded version.....sold new for 12k

Liked
    1429 times

hey my focus was a fully loaded version.....sold new for 12k
    And it's cool. Is it as fast as a sports sedan? Yah. Is it a sports sedan? No. But its probably a bunch of fun for what you have in it.

Liked
    299 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post

I drive an evo. -_-
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14