+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The 17 Best Tracks in the US

Liked
    375 times

I love Willow and Thunderhill. But that doesn't mean I understand why they made those particular choices.

Liked
    51 times

I have run on 5 of them. The non-track or light track car people I talk to recognize Laguna Seca more than any other track and always give me that "cool" look when I mention it. Overall, I found it to be a fun track to run with a lot of history and recognition...thus #1 on there list.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    I was most surprised by #2. Laguna is growing on me the more I drive it. Definitely a demanding track on the car and driver. I used to rank it below Sonoma and T-hill but now they are all about equal in my eyes, each with their own unique challenges.

My favorite photos on that list are Lime Rock and COA.
    Now that I kind of know my way around Sonoma, it is an incredible track. The level of difficulty in completing an 'excellent' lap is so high compared to pretty much anything else I've driven.

It was amazing to drive Laguna as well. Thunderhill I still have only been to once, but it seems pretty challenging too.

Kam
    Liked
    87 times

Quote Originally Posted by jnathan68 View Post
    I have run on 5 of them. The non-track or light track car people I talk to recognize Laguna Seca more than any other track and always give me that "cool" look when I mention it. Overall, I found it to be a fun track to run with a lot of history and recognition...thus #1 on there list.
    Laguna Seca is like America's Nurburgring, in terms of notoriety. I drove it a few times... IMO, not an overly challenging course, unfortunately.

Sonoma and T-Hill... would love to run one day.

Although, I saw a video of Oregon Raceway Park, that is an incredible looking track! Although doesn't seem fitting for this list, but...
    Just look at that roller-coaster set of turns!!!
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Laguna Seca is like America's Nurburgring, in terms of notoriety. I drove it a few times... IMO, not an overly challenging course, unfortunately.

Sonoma and T-Hill... would love to run one day.

Although, I saw a video of Oregon Raceway Park, that is an incredible looking track! Although doesn't seem fitting for this list, but...
    Just look at that roller-coaster set of turns!!!

I don't entirely agree. I have been getting as much track time at MRLS this summer as I can in preparation for GT2 and T1 racing I qualified for at the SCCA Runoffs. The track is easy to learn, but almost every brake zone, turn-in and track out has subtle differences from other turns on the track. I am trying to master all of them.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    464 times

Look more like a puff pice to me. With a bit of history to add to the accountability.IMHO
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2