+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: $1 million McLaren P1 track encounter and bunch of scared $10k Miata (except for 1)

Liked
    192 times

There was one of these garaged next to us at Sonoma on Saturday... and in our run group.
    Friendly owner. Was giving ride alongs to just about anyone who asked.

His wife mentioned he'd had it at Laguna a few times as well... didn't think to ask if they'd been to Buttonwillow yet.
    License plate read VODAFON.

There's in car footage of it giving us point bys... just haven't had a chance to get it off the camera yet.
    Call me old fashioned (or it could be my age) but I'm still a sucker for NSXs and 993s over this thing.

Just doesn't move me the way those cars do.

Liked
    381 times

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoe Money View Post
    There was one of these garaged next to us at Sonoma on Saturday... and in our run group.
    Friendly owner. Was giving ride alongs to just about anyone who asked.

His wife mentioned he'd had it at Laguna a few times as well... didn't think to ask if they'd been to Buttonwillow yet.
    License plate read VODAFON.

There's in car footage of it giving us point bys... just haven't had a chance to get it off the camera yet.
    Call me old fashioned (or it could be my age) but I'm still a sucker for NSXs and 993s over this thing.

Just doesn't move me the way those cars do.
    Different car for a different age. I'm with you. I think it's a shame future generations won't understand what a mechanical, analog car was like.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by tq3z View Post
    Different car for a different age. I'm with you. I think it's a shame future generations won't understand what a mechanical, analog car was like.
    The last new car I bought was my '06 Mitsu Evo IX MR 6MT; that was 9 years ago. I have bought several used cars since. I won't buy a car with a slushbox, and I include in that category any car that does not have a clutch pedal. I doubt if I will ever buy another new car, even though I could afford an expensive one if I wanted to. To me, the golden age of the automobile was 1991 through 2006, when horsepower wars, performance and handling were still important, and you could still buy your favorite new sports car with a stick shift and clutch pedal. Everything after that is green, hybrid, complicated, heavy, too much electronic "connectivity", too much technology, too many airbags, and worst of all, the electronic nannies that take over control of the car from the driver, to brake or whatever when the driver, an intelligent human being, knows better. A car is not your office with your computer, iPhone, yada, yada, yada. End of rant . . .
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 03-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    bellwilliam, tq3z and bawareca like this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    192 times

I will say this... There was some flavor of yellow Lotus out there with us... well sorted and well driven.
    It was embarrassing (almost?) everything in the mixed run group my buddy was driving in.

Watching it eat up everything in it's path coming into 11 was very entertaining.

Then again, those aren't sold here new anymore... either.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    817 times

I don't know how I can be so in agreement with an old fart like you. I must be getting well-aged
    I'd rather the government didn't make it a priority to save people from themselves. Suicide through negligence is OK.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    192 times

Jr. Old Fart (me) or Sr. Old Fart (Richard)?

The incar video was very shaky. Definitely not prioritizing it to be edited and posted... But man, had a supercharged NSX and boosted 240sx split around us going over the crest as you enter the carousel...

Good times, for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4