+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Suzuki Swift Sport (not a rental)

Liked
    41 times

Good work! Good thinking leaving the intake manifold on the head. Look forward to the pics.

Liked
    16 times

All photos are also in my facebook album.

Checking the marks on the chain.

The exhaust seemed to be off by one tooth. Dunno why, but it makes no sense. The new chain was fitted according to the manual (the mark pointing to the middle of the blue link)

Just in case we forget how it looked before we removed the cams

One the top of cylinder 2, the gasket showed signs of blowby, can also sortof see it on the cylinder. wasn't able to get a good picture of it though.

A lot of parts that needed to be removed to access the headgasket

Upskirt

Grinding away the carbon som we can measure the head for straightness. Workshop kitty was not amused

Slow and gently

Trying to fit a 1/100 (0.01mm) under the straightedge. Didn't fit

Still looks good

The straightedge was a bit too long for the enginebay, but got one crossmeasure and it looked good.

The valve seats didn't look too too bad, and we didn't really have time to fix them all anyway...

closeup

Changing the valveseals

New headgasket

Torqued and tightened to spec the headbolts

One bolt on the sump snapped. My mechanic knew a trick to get it out. The snapped one on the head was drilled out

Also stripped one of the holes in the AC-mounting bracket. Drilled it and put in helicoil. But it was past midnight and i was too tired to take any more pictures

All in all we used 4-5 hours on Wednesday and Thursday, 11-12 hours on Friday and Saturday.
    But we took lots of breaks and wasted a lot of time because we where unfamiliar with the car and procedure.
    deng likes this.

Liked
    16 times

Haven't seem any problems yet, so it looks like headgasket fixed the issue.
    Put the car in winterstorage, as winter is right around the corner here. And that means heaps of salt on the road. (no joke)
    Luckily my car got a spot close to the door, so I will get it out early next season.
    And we can get to it during the winter to fit the new spoiler

Also I'm considering replacing the entire ABS-unit with a wilwood Proportioning valve, I'm not getting the confidence I want from the brake pedal.
    But worried I might set of the dashboard disco lights, and get a smattering of faultcodes. Thoughts?
    deng likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3