+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: What's your ideal daily driver / tow vehicle?

Liked
    538 times

Quote Originally Posted by pucsicsal View Post
    This is why having a big enough tow vehicle (and driving smoothly) is important... Highly exaggerated and ridiculous of course, but I wouldn't tow a 20' or larger trailer with anything but a full-sized truck or large SUV. No mid-sized SUV, or anything of that sort. No X5, no Grand Cherokee etc. They are too light and the wheelbase is too short.
    I was actually looking for that video.If that particular station wagon is rated @5000 lbs in Europe,that pretty much means this load can be towed safely,it doesnt guarantee that.One of the problems with the Euro hitch systems is that it allows very little tongue weight,so the ballance is very tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by flink View Post
    It isn't wheelbase which determines towing stability. It is the ratio between the wheelbase and the towing overhang (distance from rear tires to towball). A longer towing overhang gives the trailer a longer lever arm to waggle the tow vehicle with. Vehicles like the x5 have a small towing overhang, pickups have a large one.

This is why fifth-wheel setups are good: the trailer attachment point is between the rear wheels so their towing overhang is zero, so lateral loads at the attachment point have no effect on the vehicle direction.
    With my X5 I have recently towed 5000 lbs Mercedes SL600+1600 lbs trailer and it feels rock solid in all aspects.

Liked
    2043 times

This is why having a big enough tow vehicle (and driving smoothly) is important... Highly exaggerated and ridiculous of course, but I wouldn't tow a 20' or larger trailer with anything but a full-sized truck or large SUV. No mid-sized SUV, or anything of that sort. No X5, no Grand Cherokee etc. They are too light and the wheelbase is too short.
    The wreck in the video you posted stemmed from a few things: not enough weight on the front of the trailer (primary cause of trailer sway), a heavy load (a BMW 850 Ci) on a trailer with an extraordinarily high center of gravity behind not-enough tow vehicle. The load floor of the trailer was above the tops of the tires.

It isn't wheelbase which determines towing stability. It is the ratio between the wheelbase and the towing overhang (distance from rear tires to towball). A longer towing overhang gives the trailer a longer lever arm to waggle the tow vehicle with. Vehicles like the x5 have a small towing overhang, pickups have a large one.

This is why fifth-wheel setups are good: the trailer attachment point is between the rear wheels so their towing overhang is zero, so lateral loads at the attachment point have no effect on the vehicle direction.
    It all matters. Wheelbase, axle-to-hitch ratio, wheelbase to axle-to-hitch ratio, comparative weights of tow vehicle and trailer, hitch type, how the trailer is loaded, etc.

Liked
    37 times

My daily is a BMW 540iT and has a European tow rating of 2000 KG (4400 lbs) and is approved for "short distances" whatever that means for 2200 KG (4840 lbs). I don't think it would have a problem towing but I would want to install a trailer brake controller. You would also be sure the air suspension was in top shape as if that fails you aren't going anywhere with a trailer. Anyway all of this is academic as I have a truck with a much higher tow rating all ready to go if I need to tow (Nissan Frontier).

Liked
    2043 times

Call me old school, but I prefer pickups with live axles and leaf springs for towing.

Liked
    1465 times

Brett, you are scaring me. There is too much to know. I don't think I'll ever buy a truck and trailer.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    538 times

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    My daily is a BMW 540iT and has a European tow rating of 2000 KG (4400 lbs) and is approved for "short distances" whatever that means for 2200 KG (4840 lbs). I don't think it would have a problem towing but I would want to install a trailer brake controller. You would also be sure the air suspension was in top shape as if that fails you aren't going anywhere with a trailer. Anyway all of this is academic as I have a truck with a much higher tow rating all ready to go if I need to tow (Nissan Frontier).
    Their rating is none in the US,unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Brett, you are scaring me. There is too much to know. I don't think I'll ever buy a truck and trailer.
    Richard,you can tow your FM on a tire trailer behind the Jag

Liked
    646 times

Quote Originally Posted by apk919 View Post
    That would probably be me. Trailer and 2-Eleven together probably weigh less than 4,000lbs. Touareg has 407 lbft of torque. I can climb the Grapevine or Cajon Pass with the cruise control set to 70mph with no problem.
    Yes, you are who I was talking about. What trailer do you have? I have a friend looking for something to tow behind a Tacoma.

Edit: Found it

This would be perfect if I had the coin.

http://www.trackhq.com/forums/attach...-trailex_1.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3297d1282263780-car-trailer-trailex_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Red_5; 03-05-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    646 times

Richard, it really isn't that difficult but you need to follow some basic rules.

Liked
    1832 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    Richard, it really isn't that difficult but you need to follow some basic rules.
    Richard and rules? Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha!
    vetteguy2005 likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1465 times

^^^ That's what a busy CEO in a high-tech industry does with his afternoon?
    vetteguy2005 likes this.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2012 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    Yes, you are who I was talking about. What trailer do you have? I have a friend looking for something to tow behind a Tacoma.

Edit: Found it

This would be perfect if I had the coin.

http://www.trackhq.com/forums/attach...-trailex_1.jpg
    1. 211 is not a real car.. it weighs less than a spare Corvette engine that all T1 guys carry.
    2. that is not a real enclosed trailer. okay, it is, but it is not something any of us can afford... that trailer cost more than my race car........ there ought to be a rule that trailer + tow vehicle can not be more than quadruple cost of the race car. if I could afford that, I would be hanging around on Ferrarichat.com....not here.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    16 Cruze, free car !!
    14 Spark EV, 400 ft/lb
    08 M3
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR

Liked
    1832 times

^^^ That's what a busy CEO in a high-tech industry does with his afternoon?
    I am still laughing....

Richard and rules?

Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha!
    hakeem likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1465 times

^^^ I just placed an order with my broker to sell the stock of Alvaka Networks short. The CEO has lost his mind . . .

Liked
    1465 times

Sucks that some guys have real money, eh William?

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    1. 211 is not a real car.. it weighs less than a spare Corvette engine that all T1 guys carry.
    2. that is not a real enclosed trailer. okay, it is, but it is not something any of us can afford... that trailer cost more than my race car........ there ought to be a rule that trailer + tow vehicle can not be more than quadruple cost of the race car. if I could afford that, I would be hanging around on Ferrarichat.com....not here.

Liked
    1465 times

^^^ I see combination motor homes (with those whatever you call them walls that push out hydraulically to make the interior bigger when parked and fancy trailers. Some of those rigs cost $350,000 or more. For years I drove to the track with all my gear in a $3,000 Miata.

Liked
    20 times

2. that is not a real enclosed trailer. okay, it is, but it is not something any of us can afford... that trailer cost more than my race car........ there ought to be a rule that trailer + tow vehicle can not be more than quadruple cost of the race car.
    I think I'm safely complying with that rule...

if I could afford that, I would be hanging around on Ferrarichat.com....not here.

Liked
    646 times

What can I say, I'm a dreamer.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by flink View Post
    So my recommendation is.... the Porsche Cayenne! I think all the above is applicable (not sure about the self-leveling suspension), but the Porsche is rated 8000lbs (or 8200?) versus the x5's 6000 and the Cayenne looks like it's a bit nicer inside.
    I just caught this. The Cayenne's are amazingly cheap; 04-05 Cayenne Turbo with ~60k miles for $25k used. This was a $110k vehicle new! Some still have warranties, but can't imagine that these will be cheap to work on or fix once the warranty expires. Also hear they have a very low tongue weight tolerance on the factory hitch.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by lemon19mmm View Post
    I am in the same market, surprised no one mentioned Nissan Armada and Trailblazer ss. There's a "nicer" version of Trailblazer ss which is Saab 97x aero, same ls2 engine and drive-train.
    This is interesting. The Trailblazer SS also has huge brakes. It's a shame it's so hideously ugly, but seems like a pretty decent option. The 97x Aero's are pretty hard to find it looks like, and the Armada is massive.

Liked
    748 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    I just caught this. The Cayenne's are amazingly cheap; 04-05 Cayenne Turbo with ~60k miles for $25k used. This was a $110k vehicle new! Some still have warranties, but can't imagine that these will be cheap to work on or fix once the warranty expires. Also hear they have a very low tongue weight tolerance on the factory hitch.
    See the links below. Although the "Reliability" page on the Edmond's site looks promising, there are some complaints on the "consumer review" page - which can probably be expected for any car.

2004 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast