+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Electric Trailer Dolly

ETK
    Liked
    125 times

Thanks for following up. I may need one of these.

Question: You said " . . . the valet will easily support the unladen trailer weight. " Would using the electric trailer dolly with a car on the trailer be unwise or difficult?

Thanks.
    2002 Porsche 911 Targa
    1967 GTV
    1991 Mazda SuperMiata - Junior
    2008 350z - Sold

FastInFastOut.com

Liked
    61 times

I guess that would depend on the all in tongue weight of your trailer with the car on it. In my case with a light trailer and a light car I could see it not being an issue- but if I (or you) had a heavier car and steel trailer it may out weigh the maximum load limit on the unit. To be honest I'm not even sure what the max is but i think as long as you under it there would be no real reason it wouldn't work. Obviously things like gradients and surface types would play in, but as far as how the unit sets up and operates i don't see a problem

Liked
    115 times

I have the original Trailer Dolly ... not the XL version ... and I've only used it a handful of times in the past 18 months of ownership. My succinct review would be that it works pretty darn well if you're moving the trailer in a relatively straight line fwd or back. The trouble comes if you are trying to turn a 2-axle trailer at any sort of angle. Even using the low gear of the Dolly, this is extremely difficult if not impossible.

I just noticed the drill attachment and may grab one to see if that helps make turning a little easier.

Liked
    755 times

Anyone else buy one of these products? I'm seriously considering one to get my travel trailer into its parking spot. It would be cheaper than widening the gate opening plus I like the idea of pulling the trailer hitch first into the space.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    155 times

I bought an older used powercaster since at the shop i share there are a few trailers and getting them positioned can be treacherous without assitance. Its a godsend. The 60 year old full time inhabitant i share with now can move a trailer by himself while smoking a cigarette and playing with his dog.

My shop space is the last shop in an industrial complex, and 2 doors before mine is a famous mopar restorer, so occacionally there are barret-jackson quality things i must back my trailer past. Nobody wants to sideswipe a numbers matching superbird with their trailer. I can now drop the trailer off my truck at the driveway and walk it in if needed. It also lets me parallel park it if needed.

If you have any reason you would need to push a trailer ever, buy one and save yourself the headache. I picked up mine used for $450 in good shape, just in need of a battery.

Also if you are going to buy one, bring a truck, these things are heavy and might not fit in a sedan trunk. I was astonished how heavy it was.
    Olitho, Red_5 and bawareca like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2