Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ebruner
  • 1 Post By JulioG

Thread: GTA Enthusiast Class Tire Recommendations

Liked
    7 times

Default GTA Enthusiast Class Tire Recommendations

Hello,

Signed up for GTA Round 3 at Buttonwillow in the Enthusiast Class. And struggling to find a tire to run, currently run RS3 (245/40/17) but can't run them in this Class, so now i am trying to find a comparable tire to run over the two 2 days. Car is a '15 Subaru WRX on RCE Tarmac 2. Could any of the Pros here give me some options to choose from? New to TT events and don't have much experience on choosing tires. Thanks!

requirements:

"Cars must use DOT-approved treaded tires with a minimum UTQG-rating of 220 or higher. Equivalent tires from other markets (such as EU and Japan) are permitted if there is official documentation validating claims."
    Last edited by fiftyunofifty; 10-13-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Liked
    133 times

michelin pilot sports, GT radial (don't remember the model), achillies a123 (if they are still legal in that class, they used to be the class breaking tire)
    fiftyunofifty likes this.

Liked
    47 times

Evasive sells the Achilles 123s, 220 treadwear. Not sure how much stock they keep:
    Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: 123S

I believe almost all Enthusiast winners in the last few years ran that tire. Pilot Super Sport (300tw), GT Radial HPY (300tw) are other options.

Curious what else you've done to the car.. oil cooler, bigger radiator perhaps?
    Last edited by JulioG; 10-13-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    fiftyunofifty likes this.

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by JulioG View Post
    Evasive sells the Achilles 123s, 220 treadwear. Not sure how much stock they keep:
    Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: 123S

I believe almost all Enthusiast winners in the last few years ran that tire. Pilot Super Sport (300tw), GT Radial HPY (300tw) are other options.
    Thank you looking at the Achilles, will check out evasive site

+ Reply to Thread