+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Circuit of the Americas ???

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ Ouch. That probably tranlsates about $600 per car per day for open track.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I have not removed your big NRA sticker from the Suburban. I'll just buy a cowboy hat, keep a low profile, and I'll be OK.
    The Sheriff is a closet conservative who yearns to fill a gun safe with firearms.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    751 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    yeah hanging out in austin, it seriously felt like a mix of LA, SD, and SF. didnt seem very "texas" at all lol
    True. Austin is on my short list of cities I would consider relocating to.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    yeah hanging out in austin, it seriously felt like a mix of LA, SD, and SF. didnt seem very "texas" at all lol
    Most Texans refer to it as , The People's Republic of Austin ... The reality is that Austin is a pretty cool place if your not wound too tight

Liked
    103 times

yeah i dug it, i liked it there alot

Liked
    15 times

spending 5 nights in Austin going out almost nightly on the town I gotta say its a pretty fun place. The track is super close to the town. I have some friends that have relocated there so I have people to visit. I will definitely be looking at heading back there for more races and to drive. The facility was super impressive and it was VERY well run for a first year event.

Liked
    858 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    I would not go there if I were you. Texas is too hot for liberals. When You enter the Republic your blood will start boiling.
    Hold yer gol dang horses big Billy! There are still vestiges of the LBJ days when Democrats ruled the roost.

See the excerpt below from Wikipedia:

Despite overall Republican dominance, however, there remain some cities and regions with strong Democratic power. Austin, the state capital, is a Democratic stronghold and a center of progressive political activism. El Paso and the Rio Grande Valley also remain loyal to the Democratic Party. (Emphasis added).

Regardless, short skirts and cowboy boots are a real turn on.
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 11-20-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Liked
    22 times

MVP Track Time, midwest HPDE group, is surveying their customers and negotiating for a weekend in March. Not a done deal yet but a maybe. I lived in Waco TX for 15 years, in case you ever noticed my accent. Austin is the most eclectic city in Texas, center of government, yes pretty liberal as Texas goes, University of Texas right down town. 6th street used to be the big party bar district when I left. A large gay community, hence the San Francisco reference, Jorge's for Mexican food, Grande Margarita's made with everclear are the killers, limit two per customer. Music and entertainment are prolific there, used to be the hub of progressive country if anybody here remembers those days. Marshall Tucker, Wet Willie, Charlie Daniels, Willie Nelson, my favorites Asleep at the Wheel, there is a big lake in town that people all skinny dip in public LBJ's ranch and museumn is close by, it is in the area of Texas called the Hill Country, beautiful with lots of Live Oak trees, moderate climate, not as hot and humid as Houston, hills they call mountains with lots of rocks, great trials country Oli, Halfway to Austin from LA is El Paso Texas, they just passed an 80 mph speed limit in parts, I bet west Texas is one of those parts I go back to the Armadillo World Headquarters, a huge national guard armory turned into a bar in the 70's, saw Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen, anybody remember them? If ya'll got a group fix'in to go, I reckon I would see ya'll down yonder.

The truck drivers lament. "The sun has ris and the sun has set and here I is in Texas yet"
    Olitho and bawareca like this.
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post

Regardless, short skirts and cowboy boots are a real turn on.
    Big Billy does not dress that way anymore....
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

MJM
    Liked
    9 times

The track is epic, do everything you can to drive there.....I know I will.

Liked
    2265 times

Forum added, finally.

Circuit of the Americas Info

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2