+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on LMS?

Liked
    668 times

Default Thoughts on LMS?

I was invited to a private event at LMS. It's a bit spendy, but the proposition is intriguing. Begins at 1pm, runs until 10pm (under lights). Seems like a little too open for my n/a 1.6 Miata. Just curious if anyone here has run this config there. I think at the entry fee, I may just save it for a weekend at VIR.

16252207_737613776394733_5028300333267187574_o.jpg
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    1307 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    I was invited to a private event at LMS. It's a bit spendy, but the proposition is intriguing. Begins at 1pm, runs until 10pm (under lights). Seems like a little too open for my n/a 1.6 Miata. Just curious if anyone here has run this config there. I think at the entry fee, I may just save it for a weekend at VIR.

Attachment 10668
    Charlotte or Louisville?

Do it once for the ****s and giggles of running a nascar track under the lights.

Liked
    668 times

Lowes/Charlotte. I thought the experience would be neat, especially under the lights, but I've already driven MIS. That banking is bonkers and the width feels like you could run Miatas 5 wide there.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2042 times

That looks like the one of the most fun rovals in the U.S.

OJR
    Liked
    96 times

I've only ran it on iRacing. At least I think it was that config. Infield seemed fun.
    Just a guy racing stuff. #RacersRace
    Facebook Instagram Twitter

Liked
    1207 times

I would do it. I have raced 4 rovals. Indy later in the year will be 5. So far Each one is different with their own charm. Varied banking relative to your horsepower makes a huge difference in my fun. Daytona while iconic was a bore in my restricted 350rwhp vette because once you got on a straight or bank it was wide open throttle with not a hint of fear something bad would happen...i.e. severely horsepower limited. Any time I was going to make was going to be in the infield and bustop. T1 at daytona was nothing special. T1 at Homestead was a real mind !uck where I kept going faster never having an "ah ha" moment. Driving a new track is always fun. Go for it!

+ Reply to Thread