+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: SoCal SuperMiata thread

Liked
    1478 times

^^^ A Sponsor !!!
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2339 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post

The RC-1 is a slick pattern 100tw tire that's just a tick faster than an NT01 and lasts even longer.
    Retail is $140.68 through the Maxxis E-store
    Registered SuperMiata drivers can get this tire direct from 949 Racing at a special Racer Price. Call or email me for details.
    Attachment 6145
    You can't mention the special pricing ? I think it would attract more drivers when they realize how little money they are. And how long they last.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2471 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    You can't mention the special pricing ? I think it would attract more drivers when they realize how little money they are. And how long they last.
    I was told that the smaller Asian distributors that buy a few tires at a time don't appreciate racer pricing being advertised. Just email or call me. It's cheap.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2471 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ^^^ A Sponsor !!!
    Pretty sure BlackBird Fabworx will also step up. I just have to make topless Miatas legal
    Blackbird likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    141 times

My thought was running the races on Sunday only. Saturday is a practice day. Any time an MC and SPM share a weekend, they will both be on Sunday.
    you are going to need a second transponder if we plan to class the SPM car in one group and run the MC on the same day.....This gets a bit messy I would vote for SPM one day and MC the next. Makes my life simple, that is one of the goals of the SPM simple, cheap racing....

Liked
    2471 times

Quote Originally Posted by granth View Post
    you are going to need a second transponder if we plan to class the SPM car in one group and run the MC on the same day.....This gets a bit messy I would vote for SPM one day and MC the next. Makes my life simple, that is one of the goals of the SPM simple, cheap racing....
    Youre the timing guy. Maybe hardwired for SPM. Rechargeable for MC.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1478 times

Youre the timing guy.
    He's the Tetanus Boy . . .
    granth likes this.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    141 times

Youre the timing guy. Maybe hardwired for SPM. Rechargeable for MC.
    does not matter hardwire or wireless you will need 2, one for each class/comp. Maybe the SPM can get a group buy on the hardwired? How many people would like one? please let me know. I can contact AMB, but as you know they really do not discount much but never hurts to ask....

Liked
    141 times

He's the Tetanus Boy . . .
    and you are the sheriff I think, but not really sure because I have not seen you at an SV event in like years....

Liked
    434 times

EP dam is all but indestructible if built right. 100% HDM save the abs plastic you get for about $45 from Sign-Mart : Your one stop wholesale supplier of Sign supplies, Custom Signs and Sign Making Supplies in orange.
    My enclosed trailer has a flap but no beavertail and it clears. You might be the only guy who will have trouble parking the car because of a ducktail.
    I would really like a strong differentiation with dpec miata, hence the cheap DIY aero.
    You need to have an account to buy from signmart. I've been 50/50 getting them to sell to me. Typically you have to go down the street and pay retail pricing, anywhere from 50-100% more.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150
    #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
    Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
    PA Construction
    American Heritage Performance

Liked
    1478 times

and you are the sheriff I think, but not really sure because I have not seen you at an SV event in like years....
    I got the "race an open wheel formula car" nonsense out of me (truth is I was not good at it), and bought another S2K track day car just a few weeks ago. As soon as the weather cools down a bit, you will see me again at SpeedVentures events.
    Red_5 likes this.

Liked
    434 times

Quote Originally Posted by thepass View Post
    Personally I think that some room should be provided for minimal aero, lightweight panels, etc. - it's "Super" Miata after all. In terms of image, and as this catches on and gains more attention, you don't want everyone looking at those guys in SoCal who are playing around with miatas that look and go like spec miatas. There should be something "super" about them. They should be something identifiably different, so you don't have to explain to each person that while it may look like an average spec miata with a different logo on the windshield, it has different rules about stuff under the skin, so take our word for it, it's different..

And on that note don't set the race weight higher than it needs to be - 2250 is very easy to hit. Pulling weight is nearly free. Anyone wanting to crossover from SM/PT can just pull ballast to fit into SPM. SPMs need to be turning times much better than the other similar classes out there, making the cars heavier just hinders that. Plus, it takes a special kind of someone to want to race in SM for example - someone who has little desire to be driving a thrilling car, and just wants close racing. How cool would it be for SPM to become the place to go for wheel to wheel miata racing in a miata that was actually a thrill to drive?

-Ryan
    This.

The original Super Miata you put together even looked good to me. Afterall, we want our race cars to look cool. Keep the airdam or splitter. At least keep the spoiler, but the APR 250 would look much better.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150

Brought to you by:
    PA Construction

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1932 times

Excuse my ignorance here, but since we've already done it before in CVR, can't we just do it the same way again?

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1932 times

Quote Originally Posted by jimt View Post
    This.

The original Super Miata you put together even looked good to me. Afterall, we want our race cars to look cool. Keep the airdam or splitter. At least keep the spoiler, but the APR 250 would look much better.
    Having all car sporting some nice CF wings will definitely look cooler, but offers no performance advantage since everyone will have it.
    It's also added cost for everyone, one more thing to govern (mounting variables) and another thing to potentially wreck if you went backwards into a tire wall.
    At least the spoiler costs next to nothing and for guys that would cross over and normally race in a class without a spoiler it could be a simple swap of a trunk lid, only 4 bolts and 2 minutes

Liked
    2471 times

Quote Originally Posted by jimt View Post
    This.

does this mean you will commit to building a car for the series if we had an airdam an AP 250?
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1478 times

Having all car sporting some nice CF wings will definitely look cooler, but offers no performance advantage since everyone will have it.
    This statement makes absolutely no sense to me. In a Spec Class, everyone has all the other go fast parts - engine, gearbox, clutch, suspension, differential, brakes, wheels, tires, etc. etc. etc., as everybody else. If CF wings make all the cars go faster and make the racing more fun, why would you ban them because "everyone will have one"?

Liked
    2471 times

This statement makes absolutely no sense to me. In a Spec Class, everyone has all the other go fast parts - engine, gearbox, clutch, suspension, differential, brakes, wheels, tires, etc. etc. etc., as everybody else. If CF wings make all the cars go faster and make the racing more fun, why would you ban them because "everyone will have one"?
    you know you are right. We should just do Corvette engines. That would be way more fun I think.

Safe
    Cheap
    Fun
    bellwilliam likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1478 times

you know you are right. We should just do Corvette engines. That would be way more fun I think.

Safe
    Cheap
    Fun
    Why don't you just sponsor a tricycle racing series. That should only cost about $50 per driver per season . . .

Liked
    2471 times

Why don't you just sponsor a tricycle racing series. That should only cost about $50 per driver per season . . .
    So you will commit to building an SPM if we allow wings?

Or are you just arguing the point because you are bored?
    ucfbrett likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    434 times

does this mean you will commit to building a car for the series if we had an airdam an AP 250?
    Nice.

My point is race cars need to look like race cars. You've already got the guys interest who don't care what their race cars look like, current PTE and SM owners. You want to attract the other 75% of racers out there who already made a conscious decision to stay out of a hello kitty. My advice, try your best to hide the Miata under lots of race car looking parts.

Seriously though, I've posted 3 times already tonite in thread. You got my attention.
    BEbengali and hakeem like this.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150

Brought to you by:
    PA Construction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21 ... LastLast