+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rx-7 track videos

Liked
    445 times

Maybe a softer rear spring then? I haven't worked on an FD's setup in a long time and can't remember spring rates, but it does look like you can improve the power-down grip/balance. As far as turn-in goes, it appears when you trailbrake, you have plenty of front grip and can get trailing throttle oversteer. So maybe you can work on your driving technique a little.

You really need to be in 3rd gear in most of those corners, you are wasting time in 2nd gear.

Liked
    6 times

welcome to the forum! i have a 93 R1...just had her out at CVR, very fun track, though she'll be heading back to lucky 7 for a few "tweaks."

also, lucky you on never popping an engine...i just popped my first about a year ago (had an 88 TII for 3 years previously with no issue) and i've had minor issues ever since, though she rain great for the first 1.5 years i had it and beat the crap out of her.

what ECU are you running? with the turblown turbo, i'm guessing adaptronic? i'm still on powerFC and may be switching soon, but i still can't see anything better than haltech - my jury is still out on the adaptronic.

again, welcome!
    '01 Porsche 996 911 Turbo - Reliable track toy
    '93 Mazda RX7 R1 single turbo - SOLD

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Integral View Post
    welcome to the forum! i have a 93 R1...just had her out at CVR, very fun track, though she'll be heading back to lucky 7 for a few "tweaks."

also, lucky you on never popping an engine...i just popped my first about a year ago (had an 88 TII for 3 years previously with no issue) and i've had minor issues ever since, though she rain great for the first 1.5 years i had it and beat the crap out of her.

what ECU are you running? with the turblown turbo, i'm guessing adaptronic? i'm still on powerFC and may be switching soon, but i still can't see anything better than haltech - my jury is still out on the adaptronic.

again, welcome!
    Sry man, never followed up with this thread.
    Im still running the PFC. Its primitive but its working for me at the moment. No doubt, I will switch to Adaptronic later on.

The car has received some new things. Ohlins, Recaro seats and canards.

Here is my latest track day footage. Been some time since I've driven and the rust shows. Hoping to crack 1:56.xx after adjusting my new Ohlin coilovers and installing better pads to brake deeper.

Faster laps towards the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ySD55BCuGs

Last edited by VintageFD; 10-18-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    1993 Rx-7 track toy
    2000 M5 Avus Blue DD

Liked
    977 times

Great looking machine! Makes me miss mine for a moment. But just a moment!
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Great looking machine! Makes me miss mine for a moment. But just a moment!
    Thanks man!
    1993 Rx-7 track toy
    2000 M5 Avus Blue DD

Liked
    3 times

Anyone make it to the GTA Super Lap?

Here is the morning session which was easily my slowest.. Skip to 7:24 for some comedy. By the end of the day I managed going through the high speed section before bus stop almost without lifting and not lifting before lost hill. I firmly believe the car has a 1:56 in it without any changes. Managed a 1:58.1 on a messy lap during the last session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1KY...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by VintageFD; 11-13-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    1993 Rx-7 track toy
    2000 M5 Avus Blue DD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2