+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2007/04/28 - 2007/04/29 Buttonwillow - Redline Time Attack Weekend

Liked
    33 times

Default 2007/04/28 - 2007/04/29 Buttonwillow - Redline Time Attack Weekend

Here are some photos of Saturday. Some vids to come in the next few days. It was nice meeting all of you.

Some Photos from Saturday

Sorry, I didn't take any pix on Sunday. It was a pretty eventful day for me. I'm sure someone else will post pix of Sunday later though.

This was one hell of a weekend for me. I felt like I was in a plotted reality TV show. Being my first ever experience with TA competition event and only my second visit to Buttonwillow raceway, I wasn't expecting any results at all. Also, this was my first time running street tires on a track. I really didn't know how the car will handle. My mind set was to just learn the track as much as possible in the practice runs and do my very best in the timed runs and just to have fun. I've never before slide so much, on so many different parts of the track in a single event. I've put 2 and 4 wheels off on Saturday which I have never done before. My best time by the end of Saturday was only in the 2:09s. Sunday comes, after some brainstorming in the motel the night before, I tried to use one gear lower for Sunset and T1. Bamm, it was a second per lap faster that yesterday. . After lunch break, when to grid for my frist TA run. Being my first competiton, the butterflies in my stomach was flying like there's no tomorrow. Once on track , they all when away. But I wasn't running for long. My shifter broke on Lap#1 Turn#1. didn't even get a timed lap in for my first run.

Waited about 15 minutes before tow truck arrived, sitting there disbelieving this is how my first TA is gonna end. Once back to the pits, fellow lotus owners, Alex and AJ were very kind to lend a helping hand. did a temporary repair so that I can drive the car home with a vise-grip and call it quits for the weekend. Later on, a few folks at the event suggested if I can find someone with a welder, I can repair it to the point where I can safely drive home without needing to use the vise-grip midway home. After asking around, I found 7's Only Racing. they welded my shifter and said I was good to go. They made it even stronger that before and said I can run the car on track if I wanted to. Did one last practice and only managed a best lap of 2:11. OK I'm even slower than before now. (and no, I wasn't sandbagging, I give my max on every run) Anyways who cares if I was slower, at least now I can get some timed laps on the TA runs instead of ending the event with a DNF.

Here is my one and only registered TA run

1st Lap: 2:07.47
    2nd Lap: 2:06.66
    3rd Lap: 2:06.54

I was very very happy with the times. And a Third place finish was just an icing on the cake. First TA event, first time running street tires, no pit crew or sponsors, plus all the drama in between, I couldn't of ask for more. I just got very lucky. I think one of the S2k in the first RWD TA run group in the 2nd session helped me a lot. He was off so many times in that last run, preventing the faster cars to improve their times. Anyways I'll still take it man.

I'll post all the highlights from my in-car camera for all my practice runs soon. Check back later.

Liked
    14 times

you should have plenty self promotional photos now

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...low/?start=all

Liked
    33 times

Hey AJ,
    dman you are fast with uploads. Very nice pix, thanks. I'm going thru all of them right now. Surprise you are still awake. haha

Liked
    14 times

didn't I mention I'm an insomniac....

Liked
    33 times

ajontwowheels.jpg
    Holy crap. That is a wicked pic. The 90 bucks were well worth it. Especially for multiple sessions.

Liked
    14 times

My first tie attack session video, forgot to turn the camera on for the second, oops.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdO40FJVfOY[/YOUTUBE]

You have to post your video from your second session, that looked entertaining from outside the car, gotta see it from inside.
    Last edited by zjchaser; 04-30-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    My first tie attack session video, forgot to turn the camera on for the second, oops.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdO40FJVfOY[/YOUTUBE]

You have to post your video from your second session, that looked entertaining from outside the car, gotta see it from inside.
    Evasssive S2000 is running 1'58s, not 1'56s

but oh well, doesn't really matter~

when I was watching, I was hoping you to catch it, too~

good video!!

Liked
    14 times

oh ok 158s...haha, oh well. I just was going off what the guy gridding me said. "This guy is running 1:56 so ummmmmmm, we are going to let you out 2 seconds after him then everyone else in 10 second intervals, ok?"

that thing was brutal in the straights! I was just as quick if not quicker through sections like cotton corners but the rest was hopeless, any section that required any acceleration I as left behind.

Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchazer
    Just updated the first post of this thread with short write up and video of the two runs.

Liked
    0 times

nice meeting you guys this weekend

manly (sp?) you still owe me a ride in your car

Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by ketsup View Post
    nice meeting you guys this weekend

manly (sp?) you still owe me a ride in your car

Most definitely Sorry I couldn't do it on the TA day. Need as much practice as possible

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    oh ok 158s...haha, oh well. I just was going off what the guy gridding me said. "This guy is running 1:56 so ummmmmmm, we are going to let you out 2 seconds after him then everyone else in 10 second intervals, ok?"

that thing was brutal in the straights! I was just as quick if not quicker through sections like cotton corners but the rest was hopeless, any section that required any acceleration I as left behind.
    yah, that guy probably remember it wrong from evassive evo's laptime, which was 1'56s

i doubt it but i donno if that s2000 has lots power mods cos even the street class s2000 is running 2'02s with only intake & exhaust, that's why i thought exige should be a sub 2 mins car!

i know it has clutch, final drive, LSD, and full interior!

most importantly i think it's the fastest amateur s2000 driver with pro skills + Buttonwillow is like his home course!!

he knows every single corner and can maintain a very high corner speed!

he was on 1'57s pace earlier at 4/8 Speedventures, so i donno wat slows him down this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX6z2b7AH5w

even his own s2000 (intake & exhaust only) ran 1'58.3 at last Redline Time Attack in Dec and got 2nd place behind 500hp NSX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-vWgMWQtqA
    Last edited by Jaku; 05-01-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
    yah, that guy probably remember it wrong from evassive evo's laptime, which was 1'56s

i doubt it but i donno if that s2000 has lots power mods cos even the street class s2000 is running 2'02s with only intake & exhaust, that's why i thought exige should be a sub 2 mins car!

i know it has clutch, final drive, LSD, and full interior!

most importantly i think it's the fastest amateur s2000 driver with pro skills + Buttonwillow is like his home course!!

he knows every single corner and can maintain a very high corner speed!

he was on 1'57s pace earlier at 4/8 Speedventures, so i donno wat slows him down this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX6z2b7AH5w

even his own s2000 (intake & exhaust only) ran 1'58.3 at last Redline Time Attack in Dec and got 2nd place behind 500hp NSX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-vWgMWQtqA
    Are those videos of Tim Kuo? If so, he is a very good driver. He won 1st place in Street FWD and in Street RWD . His car seem pretty flat in those vids for Stock Factory S2000 suspension. Hopefully I can keep up with him next time. I'm still learning the track (its only my 2nd time to BW). You can see in my videos that I consistantly messed up on a few corners.

BTW Jaku, In the future, please post pix or vids only from the event in the Gallery threads. If you want to discuss and show vids or pix, please do so in the regional discussion forum or Race track forum. thanks Just want to keep things organized.

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Are those videos of Tim Kuo? If so, he is a very good driver. He won 1st place in Street FWD and in Street RWD . His car seem pretty flat in those vids for Stock Factory S2000 suspension. Hopefully I can keep up with him next time. I'm still learning the track (its only my 2nd time to BW). You can see in my videos that I consistantly messed up on a few corners.

BTW Jaku, In the future, please post pix or vids only from the event in the Gallery threads. If you want to discuss and show vids or pix, please do so in the regional discussion forum or Race track forum. thanks Just want to keep things organized.
    Tim's s2000 already has basic tuned suspension on this video! I think elise will be able to keep up a light-tuned s2000 or even quicker!

That will be entertaining to watch in July!!

sure will keep things organized in the future!! sry about that!

Liked
    33 times

What's happening in July?

Liked
    7 times

What's happening in July?
    oops, sry, i heard someone was talking about another TA in July, i was just checking around and i think he thought it's there again, but it's not~ ooops~

Liked
    33 times

Default Saturday Practice Highlights (Green Run Group)

Liked
    33 times

Liked
    33 times

Found this on the 240SX forum. The Evo Sandwich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc02306.jpg  

Liked
    14 times

Found this on the 240SX forum. The Evo Sandwich
    sweet even I got in that pic, on two feet instead of two wheels. ...PS check the miata forums...hahahaha forum whore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast