+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Top 50 Willow Springs Lap Times

Rif
    Liked
    6 times

Yes unfortunately the weight is the biggest thing of this car. But we are excited on the m4 coming up as bawareca mentioned .
    And I about the weight , I do not know where you guys cornere weighted an e92 but with my 200 lbs fat ass in there the numbers wer exactly as showen . Ehhehe

Liked
    378 times

Again, I don't want to take anything away from a lightly-modified production car running a sub-1:30 lap at Willow with street tires on it. That's awesome, and it's a real tribute to both Rif's driving and BMW's design and engineering.

But when I Google the question, I find actual BMW owners getting weights in the 3,350-3,450 range, which makes sense if you take the official figure (which I now see is 3,649, thanks to bawareca), and subtract the EU-mandated 165 pounds for the driver, and then subtract the weight of a full tank of gas (which owners like to exclude when they're trying to get a low number like 3,350). It makes sense then that I keep seeing the 3483 figure, since it's 3649 minus 165 pounds.

So:

3,649 EU curb weight drops to 3,483 US curb weight. And that EU weight includes 16.6 gallons of gas, which weighs about 100 pounds -- which would bring that figure down as low as 3,383 when you roll onto the race scales. At that point, individual scale variations and pulling the tool kit or whatever would get you into the ballpark. Options like a sunroof, leather, wheels, exhaust and such will skew things too.

All of which doesn't matter, really, when you're looking at Rif's lap time -- which is impressive.
    Last edited by Jack Olsen; 01-09-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    bawareca likes this.

Rif
    Liked
    6 times

Hey Mr Jack ! First I don't know if you remember me but I got helped by you one day with my GT3 RS 997.2 at big willow . You gave me a ride in your beauty black porsche on nt01 s running 27 s and helped setup my sway bar to softer settings on my old cup tires ..

Second , unfortunately I checked with many people's , the us base weight curb of the e92 with the carbon roof is 3600 lbs and change . + sounds systems options and leather and packages etc .. So yes I need to loose a bit of weight myself but I'm not that heavy lol . M3 owners weighting lower as you mention have weight reductions . I did not have any . So 3649 US curb weight is pretty accurate . My manual is actually in theory lighter than a DCT .

Thanks for the good words tho . Appreciate the props .
    Street tires all the way ! And one day soon I'll run a new set on each track
    Last edited by Rif; 01-10-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Liked
    378 times

I remember! That was on a testing day -- about a year ago? I think we talked to Galen Bieker to get some set-up suggestions?

Glad to see you're still at it. That's a great lap time for an M3.

Rif
    Liked
    6 times

Yes ! And we did call Galen from werkz 2 ! Sweet !

Liked
    15 times

Rif,

what kind of times are you running in your RS?

Rif
    Liked
    6 times

I tracked the RS once as I so with any car I get .. No times she sits pretty till her time comes sir

Liked
    378 times

Rust never sleeps.

1:26.88x (Jack Olsen; 72 Porsche 911; Nitto NT01; 272 crank hp/2652 lbs w/driver; January 31, 2014; video)

Liked
    2264 times

And already back home with a girly drink. Nice.

Liked
    378 times

I call that cocktail 'the Corvette.' It comes in a plastic cup, and considering how strong it is, it goes down mighty slow.

Liked
    1477 times

Shaken, not stirred. With a little red cherry to remind him of the new red Covette he beat at WSIR in a 40 year old Porsche . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post

Rust never sleeps.

1:26.88x (Jack Olsen; 72 Porsche 911; Nitto NT01; 272 crank hp/2652 lbs w/driver; January 31, 2014; video)
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2264 times

All in good fun, Jack.

Liked
    378 times

I know. And I was just trying to provoke anyone who's near me on the top-25 list. But no luck. The Corvette guys are content and secure.

One note: Oli's currently occupying two spots on the list. If you have to take one off, I'd personally prefer that the 25 go away. But that doesn't make it the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Jack Olsen; 02-03-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Liked
    2214 times

I know. And I was just trying to provoke anyone who's near me on the top-25 list. But no luck. The Corvette guys are content and secure.

One note: Oli's currently occupying two spots on the list. If you have to take one off, I'd personally prefer that the 25 go away. But that doesn't make it the right thing to do.
    Don't worry. My next race out there I am going to post a 1:23.xxx.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    981 times

I call that cocktail 'the Corvette.' It comes in a plastic cup, and considering how strong it is, it goes down mighty slow.
    That looks more like "the miata". The Corvette is served in a red solo cup and has 2 large olives, not one small cherry.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    2214 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    That looks more like "the miata". The Corvette is served in a red solo cup and has 2 large olives, not one small cherry.
    Yes, the Corvette is not at all like the Porsche. The Porsche is stirred and not shaken. It is made from cactus and it is always full of pricks. It has to be sipped slowly if one must drink this most objectionable drink. No matter how hard you try the Porsche is a slow beverage. As the experts say, it is a flawed design....
    Last edited by Olitho; 02-03-2014 at 06:25 PM.
    bawareca likes this.

fe4
    Liked
    38 times

Is being drunk the answer? All I see is a car with no power, no tire and no aero turning a 26. Very confusing, looking for that extra secret sauce variable.

edit: and the engine being in the wrong place is not the answer
    flink and bawareca like this.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by fe4 View Post
    Is being drunk the answer? All I see is a car with no power, no tire and no aero turning a 26. Very confusing, looking for that extra secret sauce variable.

edit: and the engine being in the wrong place is not the answer
    Not knowing WTF you are talking about, who you are talking about, yada yada makes the Sheriff here very angry with you. About how many laps do you have under your belt at WSIR?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2214 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Not knowing WTF you are talking about, who you are talking about, yada yada makes the Sheriff here very angry with you. About how many laps do you have under your belt at WSIR?
    Uh oh, The Sheriff showed up. Everyone run!
    Pure EvoIX and bawareca like this.

fe4
    Liked
    38 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    People talking in the third person confuses me, but I don't get angry?!?!

Zero drunk laps at WSIR, apparently that needs to change
    flink likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast